This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping

I just thought of this as I thought I remember somewhere a few months back that CMs were not suppose to take tips. Do you tip the CMs who serve you the food at the sit down meals including Character Meals and in the park meals.

Re: Tipping

usually sit down restaurants i give tips... the problem i dont go to many sit downs at WDW because its hard to get in.

Comment

yes, I tip at sit down restaurants. I also tip at the hotels and the bars.

Comment

Tipping servers has never been an issue, has it? I think the rule went towards ride ops and performers.
        “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by gigikay View Post
          I just thought of this as I thought I remember somewhere a few months back that CMs were not suppose to take tips. Do you tip the CMs who serve you the food at the sit down meals including Character Meals and in the park meals.
          The sit down restaurants are the same as any, tip. Places like Goofy's, the include the tip. If the server has been above average, I leave an additional tip. Maids also can accept tips as it is the norm in their industry.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Do the cast members at the Blue Bayou get that crappy restuarant wage or do they actually get above minimum wage?

Comment

Alright here is some information coming from a former Walt Disney World cast member (I believe the same applies across the board):

The servers are allowed to accept tips, but not the host or hostess. Anybody else working for Disney is not allowed to and must deny a tip up to 3 times. If a guest still incists, then the cast member will accept a tip which will be turned into their manager or cordinator where it will enter a pot for cast parites for the area.

The following is a little fuzzy to me since it's been awhile since I've been through traditions:

At a hotel, only bell hops delivering the luggage are allowed to take a tip and at bars I am clueless.

Hope this helps!
              Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                Do the cast members at the Blue Bayou get that crappy restuarant wage or do they actually get above minimum wage?
                When I was a server at an average restuarnat I would average $15.00 to $20.00 an hour in tips...adding the crappy min wage per hour onto that wasn't bad at all. When I went to a somewhat better restauarnt I wuld easily walk with $200.00 or more a night. So, if they are good it's not that crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by DocPaddock View Post
                  Alright here is some information coming from a former cast member:

The servers are allowed to accept tips, but not the host or hostess. Anybody else working for Disney is not allowed to and must deny a tip up to 3 times. If a guest still incists, then the cast member will accept a tip which will be turned into their manager or cordinator where it will enter a pot for cast parites for the area.

The following is a little fuzzy to me since it's been awhile since I've been through traditions:

At a hotel, only bell hops delivering the luggage are allowed to take a tip and at bars I am clueless.

Hope this helps!
                  the valet also takes tips...

Comment

Wow, you guys are fast!!! One more question, if tax and tip is included for the Goofy's Kitchen is it included at all Character Meals?

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      the valet also takes tips...
                      Oh yeah, them too. Like I said it's been awhile!
                      Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Comment

The tax and tip is not actually included in the price of meals at Goofy's Kitchen, it is added and based off the total amount of the meals.

When we were able to get a table at the BB during the VIP soft opening, I was very generous with the tip that I gave to the hostess that let us in to enjoy our meal. After hearing that it was my b-day, and seeing that there were available tables, she got us in. She deserved a bonus.

We also tip the CM at the front desk of the DL Hotel when we get "upgraded" (at no cost) to a better view/room from the Sierra Tower.

Back in the days when our kids were smaller, and they would occassionally "loose their cookies" for one reason or another, we would always notify a custodian CM so they could clean it up (versus just walking away from it like we see so many folks do) and would slip him/her a little cash to help make up for it. I consider cleaning up someone else's bodily fluids (of whatever origin) above and beyond the call of duty.

Of course, we also give the ultimate tip for those CM's that we encounter on a daily basis and that add to our enjoyment of the Park by giving kudos for them at City Hall on Main St.

Comment

What's a tip?
                          "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by gigikay View Post
                            CMs in food service are dependent upon tips, just like regular waiters.

Comment

I know at the hotel front desk we have to refuse it three times and then after that its ours. Although most people are really serious about tipping so after we refuse it once it goes back into their pockets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X