Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had my first Monte Christo Sandwich yesterday...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my first Monte Christo Sandwich yesterday...

.....and i didn't really like it all that much. I mean, its yummy, totally yummy, but it was lunch time and i was craving salty-savory, and here comes my sandwich, sweet as sugar sweet can be! I would love to have it for breakfast, but it just did not work for me as a lunch item.

What foods at Disneyland have you heard alot about, then tried, only to find the taste wasn't suited to you?

Re: I had my first Monte Christo Sandwich yesterday...

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
    What foods at Disneyland have you heard alot about, then tried, only to find the taste wasn't suited to you?
    Not technically a food, but a Mint Julep. It's just not for me.

Comment

Does a Monte Cristo have meat in it or am I safe to try it?

I also am not one for Mint Julep.

Comment

I refuse to accept this criticism of my Beloved Monte Cristo--go back and eat another one, and keep doing so until you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
          I refuse to accept this criticism of my Beloved Monte Cristo--go back and eat another one, and keep doing so until you like them.
          :lmao::lmao::lmao: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own"! (I think that's how it went -- from Mythbusters? Anyone?)

Comment

Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
            :lmao::lmao::lmao: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own"! (I think that's how it went -- from Mythbusters? Anyone?)
            Nice Mythbusters T-shirt reference--me likey.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post

they have a just cheese monte Cristo, its also very yummy

Comment

I've never experienced a deep fried pastry sandwich coated in powdered sugar and served with what can only be described as a very very berry syrup with even MORE sugar in it. Definately a perfect breakfast food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
                  Churros.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post

They have meat. I think Cafe Orleans had a meatless version, if I remember correctly. I asked how it was and the original version was recommended as the better of the two. Without the meat I think it might just taste like a sweet, deep-fried grilled cheese. Hmm. :yuck:

I :love: Monte Cristos
                    I also :love: Mint Juleps, which is weird because I don't like other minty treats -- mint chip ice cream? Blech!

Comment

I have never had Disneyland's Monte Cristo before but I have had it elsewhere and know what the sandwich is. I don't know how the menu describes it at DL either but in my opinion you have no one to blame about about your disappointment, for craving something salty and then ordering a sandwich coated in powdered sugar. Sorry I am confused here but if you said it was "totally yummy" but you also were also disappointed.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Disneyland is known for food that is really hyped up but in my opinion are not all that good, but for some reason I still have to have them. They are:

Monte Cristo Sandwiches
                        Mint Juleps
                        Dolewhips (good but overhyped)

Comment

[quote=Mineux;1329207
                          What foods at Disneyland have you heard alot about, then tried, only to find the taste wasn't suited to you?[/quote]
                          I too would like to try the Monte Cristo Sandwich...maybe on the next trip. A couple times ago when I was there I had a Pinnaple Whip and yeah it was good but I don't see myself becomming a pinnaple whip addict any time soon. Its nothing too over the top for me.

Comment

I am not one for the Monte Cristo either. There is something just not right about frying a sandwich in batter and serving with jelly. The cheese inside is too rich and it just isnt for me.

I do like the mint julep. It kind of reminds me of a mojito without the rum.
                            *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
                              Churros.
                              I refuse to accept htis criticism of my Beloved Churros--go back and eat another one, and keep doing so until...well you get the picture...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X