Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What resteraunt for my mum's Birthday?!

Ok, next Thursday, my friend and I are planning a suprise lunch for my mum. Wondering where you guys suggest we should go. I have narrowed it down to 3, but I am opento suggestions!
    3 choices are:
    Ariel's Grotto (never been)
    Storytellers (never been)
    Blue Bayou (have been once)
    Also, at AG and Storytellers, can you split a meal? For 4 or 5 extra dollars, I wouldn't mind...
    Thanx for your help!

Re: What resteraunt for my mum's Birthday?!

I thought that Ariel's Grotto and Stroytellers were buffets, but I could be wrong...

I haven't been to either, but if your mum loves princesses, Ariel's Grotto is a great place to go!

I've heard that Storyteller's is the least liked of the character eateries, but haven't been there either.

Blue Bayou is a wonderful place with wonderul food (at least in my opinion). I went less than a week ago and have wonderful food and service.

I've heard that Napa Rose is the best restaraunt on the property, though it's very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
      I thought that Ariel's Grotto and Stroytellers were buffets, but I could be wrong...

I haven't been to either, but if your mum loves princesses, Ariel's Grotto is a great place to go!

I've heard that Storyteller's is the least liked of the character eateries, but haven't been there either.

Blue Bayou is a wonderful place with wonderul food (at least in my opinion). I went less than a week ago and have wonderful food and service.

I've heard that Napa Rose is the best restaraunt on the property, though it's very expensive.
      Yep, what the Queen of Pineapples said. The "character dining" establishments seem too juvenile for my personal taste (this is certainly understandable, as they are designed to attract the little ones). Napa Rose is cool, but pricey.

Comment

I personally recommend the Blue Bayou.

Comment

If it was for me, I'd choose Ariel's Grotto. I love that restaurant. Storyteller's would be my 2nd choice.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ariel's Grotto is a sit down meal. There are no split plates at Ariel's. They do offer that at Blue Bayou for $4 or $5.
            It all depends on your Mums personality. If she is carefree and easy going she would probably Love Ariel's. If she is a little more proper then I would do Blue Bayou.

We just celebrated my niece's 6th Birthday at Ariel's. When you make your priority seating reservations you can add a Birthday bucket for $20. It has a little cake and stickers. She might find that funny.
            "You can't judge a book by its cover."
            "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

Ariel's Grotto or Storytellers would be my choice. I am not too fond of the new menu or the price increases that hit the Blue Bayou this past summer. Ariel's is a character dining resturant with princesses but the food is good and it is a three course entree set up. You just pay extra for your drink. Storytellers you can ofder off the menu or eat from the buffet. When I went I had the steak and it was really good.

Comment

How about Rainforest Cafe in DTD? I've been there a few times and I enjoyed both the food and atmosphere.

Comment

So, storyteller's has a buffett for lunch? We can only go between 1 and 5, so we do have a bit of a time constraint.

Comment

Regardless of which restaurant you choose, be sure to call Disney Dining ahead of time to make reservations. Happy B-Day to your Mom--you'll have a blast I'm sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy98 View Post
                      So, storyteller's has a buffett for lunch? We can only go between 1 and 5, so we do have a bit of a time constraint.
                      Storytellers had a buffet for dinner that I know of for sure but I am sure they offer it for lunch too.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                        Yep, what the Queen of Pineapples said. The "character dining" establishments seem too juvenile for my personal taste (this is certainly understandable, as they are designed to attract the little ones). Napa Rose is cool, but pricey.
                        Napa Rose only serves dinner. Yamabuki at Paradise Pier is my favorite upscale lunch spot (but serves lunch only M-F). Storyteller's lunch is menu service and not a character buffet, IIRC. Ariel's Grotto is a character lunch, but not a buffet (it's 3 courses with choices for a fixed price). Catal in DTD is probably the nicest place that serves lunch, other than Yamabuki. Blue Bayou is not AYCE, not BYOB, but definitely is EAYOR.
                        An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
                        www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pugman View Post
                          Napa Rose only serves dinner. Yamabuki at Paradise Pier is my favorite upscale lunch spot (but serves lunch only M-F). Storyteller's lunch is menu service and not a character buffet, IIRC. Ariel's Grotto is a character lunch, but not a buffet (it's 3 courses with choices for a fixed price). Catal in DTD is probably the nicest place that serves lunch, other than Yamabuki. Blue Bayou is not AYCE, not BYOB, but definitely is EAYOR.
                          Ouch--yep, saw that too late.

Comment

Yes, storytellers is a character meal at breakfast NOT lunch or dinner, and there is a buffet at breakfast and dinner only, I do believe, but you can also order from the menu.
                            That would be my choice.
                            Unless she wants characters, then I'd do Ariel's.
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ok, it looks like it may be a toss up between Storyteller's and BB. Where we can go and split 2 meals, is ideal. (small apetiete's and budgets) I think AG would be fun, but way to much food!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X