Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Aristocat's 3rd-Times-a-Charm Trip Report!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aristocat's 3rd-Times-a-Charm Trip Report!

Well, I had three hours to kill on Tuesday, so what better way to go than Disneyland! Wooooooo!
    I cruised into the parking structure, then cruised over on the tram, cruised right through security, and finally cruised right through the front gate...

I'm not sure what I think of the cut-outs...they do seem a bit out of place in the flowerbed...
    After my horticultural critique, I headed down Mainstreet. The weather was fine and City Hall looked beautiful against the blue sky...

I decided to take a look in the Fire Station. Can't remember the last time I'd been in there...

At the hub, I tried to take an attractive picture, but the tarp was having none of that.

The wire in the sky didn't help matters, either.
    Then I set my sights to Buzz. Figured with the light crowds I would be sure to rank well...

Now THAT'S a line I don't mind standing in!
    I won't go on about my Buzz score. Perhaps because I didn't do well. I blame it on the fact that I was on it alone. I don't know how that makes a difference...but it obviously interferred with my mojo...
    I then took my usual path around Tomorrowland Terrace and towards Fantasyland...

This is absolutely abominable!
    As I was comin' around the mountain (yes, you can sing that) someone reminded my of my time limit...

I then had to take my usual shot of the teacups. How can you not love those colors?

I took a picture of the Mad Hatter's place, too. The flowers in the window were calling to me...

I was then distracted by a large, blinking whale. I really should get my teeth whitened...

I took a stroll through Fantasyland...looking for interesting little decorations...

Squirrels!

And it just so happened that the Queen was making her appearance, so I snapped a quick picture...

Then it was off to Frontierland! Look at this runaway train! You can barely see it, it's moving so fast!

I stopped for a bit, to take pictures of the wildlife...

I'd never seen a wild "8" in its natural habitat.
    On I went...

And this guy was looking at something, but I couldn't figure out what it was...

I took a picture of the lake by the Frontierland gate...it looked especially pretty.

I decided to try my hand at Buzz, one more time. I'm a glutton for punishment. But I did stop for just a second to snap Ariel...

Then it was time for DCA! (Don't ask about Buzz. I don't want to talk about it.) The plaza was pleasantly empty...

A is for Aristocat! Yay!

I was getting a bit peckish, so I headed toward the Pacific Wharf area. But snapped some pics along the way. The grape vines are pruned...

And I always liked these little bird houses...

Mmmmmm. Apples...

I ended up getting a chicken taco at Cocina Cucamunga. I would have taken a picture of it, but it wasn't very good. To make up for that, I got a butter pecan swirl cone at Catch-a-Flav. I would have taken a picture of that, too, but it was just TOO good. Mmmmmm
    While I schlurped up my ice cream, I spied on some activity at the Cove Bar. Lots of name tags hanging out...maybe some sort of class?

I swung around Screamin' and traipsed through Paradise Pier.

Love that Sun Wheel!

The boardwalk was empty and skee ball was calling. Unfortunately, I had no cash. Nuts.

AAAAAAAAAAAA! (Those are my 'screaming' letters)

The Zephyr was closed. Big surprise.

Must...take...picture...of...Paradise...Pier...

Time was running short, so I made my way towards the GCH exit.
    Number 32 looks nice...I wonder if it's for rent?

I love this ultra-blue water...

It was a nice, sunny day so people were enjoying Grizzly...

Before I left, I decided to roam the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I was on a cat hunt!

Didn't see much, though. Besides a bunch of bushes. Ooo. Alliteration.
    I left, disappointed that I didn't see any kitties, but happy that I had seen so much in just 3 hours. It really was a perfect afternoon. I might have to make it a habit....
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Re: Aristocat's 3rd-Times-a-Charm Trip Report!

Love the different angles you took with your camera. Nice work Aristocat! Looks like a beautiful day for you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Looks like you had a fun time in 3 short hours.
      HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
      "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Great pics! So..what were you Buzz scores? You views are spectacular. May I ask what camera you use?
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Nice job! Looks like it was a gorgeous day!
          M A S E C A !

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
            Great pics! So..what were you Buzz scores? You views are spectacular. May I ask what camera you use?
            My Buzz scores were both in the 300K range. Not my best showing. I think my all time high was around 750k, which landed me in 5th place in that day's ranking. Of course, it was still early, but I was still giddy about the score.

As for the camera, it's a Nikon D80. I'm working with the kit lens right now, but I hope to get some other ones, soon. I know I need a lens for low-light...I really want to try to re-create Frogberto's Dark Ride Magic.
            (I think he really should trademark that phrase...)
            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
            Words hurt.

Comment

Cool POV shots. Love the details.

Comment

I did terribly on Buzz on tuesday as well. But your pictures are fantastic! Great work!

Comment

Nice pics:thumbup:
                  If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X