This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite place to just sit and relax?

I noticed that a lot of people just like to visit the parks just to kind of relax and get out of the real world for a while. I was just wondering, are there any specific places in the park you just like to hang out? Is there a reason?

The last time I went to the park, my friends and I decided to get out of the cold and hang out in the Golden Horseshoe. It was 10ish, so there wasn't many people in there so we just talked over hot chocolate and I played the piano. I didn't know if that was allowed but I was playing for a while and no one said anything. One waiter-looking guy did compliment me though. It was pretty cool!

Re: Favorite place to just sit and relax?

There's a little courtyard area, up in the Disney Gallery. Out the doors, past the cash register, there are a few tables and a fountain. I LOVE it up there. I love to put my feet up on a chair and write postcards from that spot. It's SO quiet too.

Comment

Any park bench

Comment

We love to sit in Tiki Room. That is our escape. We got engaged there and it is a very special place for us. We love to just sit and have a dole whip and rest our feet.
        HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Anywhere on Big Thunder trail. On any weeknight that place is deserted.

Critter Country when Splash Mountain is closed.

Comment

My favorite place to relax is the eating area of the Hungry Bear restaurant, waaaay in the back where the train goes right by you. I love that place because to me, it feels like the most remote area a guest can go in the park. Whether it actually is or not doesn't matter. It feels to me like a real Frontierland, with the greenery, the river, the trees, the train, and the Mark Twain floating by every so often.

Comment

The courtyard in the Disney Animation building at DCA is my favorite place to just sit and people watch and watch the scene changes, and listen tot he music, and just relax.
              "Tonight I wash my hands of you
              You set the bar I could not live up to
              Tonight the light is breaking through
              So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
              Zebrahead

Comment

Center Street or really any location on Main Street - especially ones that aren't filled with other guests.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                  Center Street or really any location on Main Street - especially ones that aren't filled with other guests.
                  I love the porch on Main Street with the chair and love seat sized bench with cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                    There's a little courtyard area, up in the Disney Gallery. Out the doors, past the cash register, there are a few tables and a fountain. I LOVE it up there. I love to put my feet up on a chair and write postcards from that spot. It's SO quiet too.
                    Ooh, I love that spot! I haven't spent any length of time there, but I have taken in the ambiance and thought of going back to sit for a while -- I just never seem to stop or even slow down when I am in the park.

Comment

Skyway

PeopleMover

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                        Skyway

PeopleMover
                        Check these out...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oggal7RY2ks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3uaLlkg4Dhk

Comment

There are a lot of great places to just sit and escape the real world. Any table in New Orleans Square early in the morning is a great way to start your day. I have to agree with The Dark Lady about her spot at the Hungry Bear. The back corner of Tom Sawyer Island by the fort is a lot like that. The old dock from the motor boat ride across from the Matterhorn entrance was a good place to sit a spell when our kids were little. They could nap or stretch and play without getting in the way of guests or castmembers. That area behind the bandstand is good for that too.
                          "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Comment

Cove Bar. Hands down.
                            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                            Words hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                              Skyway

PeopleMover
                              Exactly! Great places to relax and still get a great view of the Disneyland.
                              New Orleans Square by the La Mascarade d'Orleans pin shop listening to the Jazz and Dixie bands play.
                              The Town Square any bench.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X