Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Disney E-Mail Address

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney E-Mail Address

Hey guys,

I don't know if this actually exists or has been brought up before in another idea thread, so if either of those apply I'm sorry for repeating it.

My idea is a very simple idea. Why not give people who have accounts on the website a chance to have an e-mail address? Something like QuackyForDonald@Disney.com, or QuackyFor Donald@Disneyland.com? I think it would be pretty cool to be able to give people that as an e-mail addy instead of the boring, same ol' Hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, etc.

What do you guys think?

...Joe...

Re: Disney E-Mail Address

I don't know if I like the idea. Recently I read on the VMK forums that there was somebody trying to send out e mails scamming people out of their stuff on the game. The way they could tell it was a fake was by the e mail address it came from. If anyone could sign up for a disney.com e mail or disneyland.com, some people here might think that it is official correspondence even though a scam artist sent it out. I am not saying people here might not know the difference, it would just be an easy oversight. I think it is fine the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
      I don't know if I like the idea. Recently I read on the VMK forums that there was somebody trying to send out e mails scamming people out of their stuff on the game. The way they could tell it was a fake was by the e mail address it came from. If anyone could sign up for a disney.com e mail or disneyland.com, some people here might think that it is official correspondence even though a scam artist sent it out. I am not saying people here might not know the difference, it would just be an easy oversight. I think it is fine the way it is.
      That's true, but there are always little reminders that could be put in the e-mail as a signature. I know that AOL always reminds their customers that they will NEVER ask for credit card info., social security info., or password info. via e-mail.

Also, the whole "@Disney.com/@Disneyland.com" thing was just an example. The actual e-mail addy could be something else that would help differentiate between a legit e-mail and a fake.

Also, and I know this is really bad of me to say, but there will always be stupidity in the world. Sometimes things are just "common sense." I would never give out my account/personal information over e-mail. If Disney so badly needed that info. they could always call me directly or send out an actual letter in the snail mail.

I know this idea would need some more thought and work put into it, but I wanted to share something that came to me on the spur of the moment.

...Joe...

Comment

That would be interesting in theory, but then how would people in the company have e-mail. I have a disney e-mail teehee

Comment

Not only that if anyone was able to get @disney.com as there email it would be a pain in the neck on the business side to find contacts seeing how we all are @disney.com

Comment

I like the idea. I thin it's be cool to have an email like that for this site.
            "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

If you own a domain, you can use Google's Gmail service to have yourname@yourdomain.com. I just use regular Gmail. Which I love. It's free, has unlimited storage, only has text not flash ads. It's really great.

EDIT: I don't mean to be promoting another site, just wanted to say that about GMail.
              Last edited by Concisecynic; 01-27-2007, 02:10 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

You can get a "go.com" email. That was Disney's idea of a portal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X