This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bit of Trivia Help for the Tiki Room

I was randomly searching for the tiki room when i found this site. One of the people on it says that the original jose, michael, fritz, pierre, are mounted behind the newer birds.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...=10115&forum=1

Can this be possible? Does anyone have anymore information.

Re: A Bit of Trivia Help for the Tiki Room

Not sure I am following. The original birds sit where? I can't see them behind the newer birds. ???

Comment

no not on the back of them. but the birds are like a row behind them from this report.
      Theme Park Sing-Along

Comment

Originally posted by Titanfreak46 View Post
        no not on the back of them. but the birds are like a row behind them from this report.
        Theme Park Sing-Along
        Ah, that makes more sense. I was so confused!! ha! Thanks for clarifying. Cool photos....looks like they were taken in 2002.

Comment

There are 4 birds.. 1 in each corner of the room that before the 2005 rehab looked very worn. These are older birds, very possibly the original 1963 birds. The main tiki birds had an approximatly 20 year life cycle. As one of the main Parrots (Jose, Michael, Pierre, Fritz) wore out, a new bird animatronic replaced him and that bird would move to he back row as a backround bird where their limited animation and ragged looks would not be as noticable.

Hope this helps!

A very sickly looking Jose!

Comment

so their still their?

Comment

Originally posted by WDI33 View Post
              There are 4 birds.. 1 in each corner of the room that before the 2005 rehab looked very worn. These are older birds, very possibly the original 1963 birds. The main tiki birds had an approximatly 20 year life cycle. As one of the main Parrots (Jose, Michael, Pierre, Fritz) wore out, a new bird animatronic replaced him and that bird would move to he back row as a backround bird where their limited animation and ragged looks would not be as noticable.

Hope this helps!

A very sickly looking Jose!
              Great post! :thumbup: I just wanted to note that the "backup birds" don't look that sickly any more. During the big pre-50th rehab, they re-feathered all the birds.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X