Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my 6-disc DLR collections (gold vinyl)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my 6-disc DLR collections (gold vinyl)

I am torn...should I open it? Or save it!

Help Me!
    Last edited by cj843; 05-26-2005, 12:16 PM.
    When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

where do you get it? at the emporium? I want to pop that record into my 1962 console record player

I say get another on to keep and one to open
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Was on backorder at Disney Direct, just sent to me on Monday, received it yesterday.

Comment

cj843 - I love the Song of the South WDCC set. It is one of my favorite sets.
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

I opened mine to see it... (Don't play it... get another to play... keep it closed... be worth more later on in life?)

Comment

Open it, listen to it, enjoy it... May be worth a little more later. The value of it may be in the enjoyment of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                Open it, listen to it, enjoy it... May be worth a little more later. The value of it may be in the enjoyment of it.
                The value of it may be IS in the enjoyment of it.

You'll get far more pleasure out of listening to it now than you'll ever get out of a few extra bucks if you sold it.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

Comment

I so want it......
                  :crazylegs

Comment

Really, just play it. I have so many Disneyland collectibles that have barely gone up in value, despite their pristine condition, rarity and antiquity (50 years maximum antiquity not being quite what the word implies).

If your great grandchilden go to sell it on ebay3000, they will realize a profit of $60. Big freaking deal. Listen to the darn thing.

Ugh, for myself, I am so annoyed that I did not buy the set when I had the chance. What seemed an inordinate expense at the time seems like such a lost opportunity now.

Comment

Ours just arrived today. Got two. One for playing, and one for "investment"...

Comment

I opened and listened to mine (and then digitized it so iPod can have some of the action too)! Who cares about its value...you'll never sell it will you!?!?

Comment

OK you guys win...I am opening it!

P.S. Going to DL on Saturday and Sunday so it will be perfect for the 7.5 hour drive down!

Comment

Originally posted by cj843
                            P.S. Going to DL on Saturday and Sunday so it will be perfect for the 7.5 hour drive down!
                            you didn't really wait 9 hours to open it did you?
                            wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
                            00 off property with future wife
                            00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
                            01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
                            02 off property with inlaws
                            03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
                            06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Comment

I'm greedy. Therefore, I would never sell it...

I imported all of the music onto my iTunes and added it all in my iPod. I enjoy it now whenever I want. If I want to listen on my computer - I can. In my room, I can. In my car ... I can. If you're so worried about damaging your CDs why don't you just make back-up copies on all of them. CD burning -- modern technology. It works wonders.

As for the record... I would listen to it if you know how to properly handle records and use a record player. If you have no idea, then don't touch that record- I haven't because I grew up on cassettes and CDs. The thought using a turn table scares me.

I would recommend just enjoying it. Take care of it of course, but enjoy it. Something that costs $125 that has so much usage potential should not be left idle on a shelf. And as innerspaceman said, I wouldn't expect value to skyrocket for a while...

Just open it and pop those CDs in and turn it up for cryin' out loud!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X