Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Bring back Tahitian Terrace!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back Tahitian Terrace!

Guess I am just being nostalgic. I am leaving for Hawaii at 4 in the morning tomorrow so I am watching Blue Hawaii with Elvis and sipping on a MaiTai (Have to get in to the mood!) I think that they should bring back the Tahitian Terrace - even if they did not offer a Polynesian review people would still come. Just throw some Animatronic birds in the trees (tie it into the tiki room) and some great lighting at night (tiki torches - bazillions of flickering lamps in the trees) I think that they could charge a hefty price just for the ambiance - I would pay!!!

Re: Bring back Tahitian Terrace!

Where was Tahitian Terrace at Disneyland? where did it reside?

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
      Where was Tahitian Terrace at Disneyland? where did it reside?
      it was right next to the tiki room where that aladin "thing" is now. they used to put on a polynesian review and serve polynesian food.

Comment

Originally posted by disneydan View Post
        it was right next to the tiki room where that aladin "thing" is now. they used to put on a polynesian review and serve polynesian food.
        What?! They should bring it back. I want to try the food!

Comment

I hope disneyland will bring it back!:thumbup:
          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

i loved the show, especially the slap dancers
            Is this haunted signature
            actually
            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
            also known as...
            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

When did it close?

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                What?! They should bring it back. I want to try the food!
                That would be cool, I don't remember it, but it sounds great. I would love to have some authentic Hawaiian food there.
                Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Here's more info from Yesterland:

http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html
                  Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

The Disneyland Hotel might make a perfect place for a reincarnation of the Tahitian Terrace because tiki culture was especially popular in the 1960's.

I would love to see the hotel embrace its datedness and add more Mid-Century Modernist Googie-ness.

The Tahitian Terrace would fit the bill nicely.
                    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-03-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

GAH! more Yesterland stuff! ::blows own brains out::
                      -

okay...I'm better now. I've never been to Tahitian Terrace, I'm sure it was a fantastic venue and much than an empty building that is currently taking it's place. I agree that Adventureland needs real food service, Bengal Barbeque jut serves snacks and is always overwhelmed. But , but granted all this I think an effort should be made to come up with something new instead of just reviving things form the past. Personally I would shutdown Bengal Barbeque- demo the place to tree up space in the Adventureland bottleneck, and then move it to be an expanded restraunt taking the place of the former Tahitian Terrace and serve barbeque. mmmmm....
                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                        -

okay...I'm better now. I've never been to Tahitian Terrace, I'm sure it was a fantastic venue and much than an empty building that is currently taking it's place. I agree that Adventureland needs real food service, Bengal Barbeque jut serves snacks and is always overwhelmed. But , but granted all this I think an effort should be made to come up with something new instead of just reviving things form the past. Personally I would shutdown Bengal Barbeque- demo the place to tree up space in the Adventureland bottleneck, and then move it to be an expanded restraunt taking the place of the former Tahitian Terrace and serve barbeque. mmmmm....
                        That is a great option - I don't believe that Disneyland is untouchable or that all the great former attractions should be brought back. Tahitian Terrace just fit in perfect with the surroundings. Lets face it,the area has a tropical feel - how does Arabia fit in that small space? Tiki Room - Arabia - Jungle Cruse - Does that flow?

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post

You should be proud of Yesterland. It's the only site that gives good detail of Disneyland's past attractions.

Comment

I agree the Tahitian Terrace rocked!! We went a few times when I was younger. It would fit better next to Tiki Room, then Aladin's storytime. I hope you have a safe flight tomorrow, and a blast in HI...
                            Janet
                            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by disneydan View Post
                              That is a great option - I don't believe that Disneyland is untouchable or that all the great former attractions should be brought back. Tahitian Terrace just fit in perfect with the surroundings. Lets face it,the area has a tropical feel - how does Arabia fit in that small space? Tiki Room - Arabia - Jungle Cruse - Does that flow?
                              Possibly. After seeing that Flying Carpets of Alladin at MK, I was amazed at how seamlessly the theming blended in Adventureland for such a small amount of square footage dedicated to it. I would even grant that Polynesian theming would of course work well, it just get's frustrating when time after time so many people's knee jerk reaction to make something better at DL is simply to bring back something that usually for a good reason was closed decades ago.
                              "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X