This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevalence of different AP Types?

I was always interested to know everyones speculation on how many AP holders there are and the breakdown in numbers for the different types of AP's. It seems to me that most people have the SoCal AP, but I could be wrong. I also am wondering how many of DL's ~15 million and DCA's ~6 million visitors are AP's. I know there isn't much hard data out there on this, but was wondering what everyone thinks.

Re: Prevalence of different AP Types?

I think someone said that 85% of Disney's daily visitors are return customers. Each day 6,000+ AP holders go to the park. I am probably wrong, but that is what I thought I read. I personally started out with the SO CA AP, but living out of town, I found it to have to many blackout days. Now we get the deluxe, and it is the perfect balance of enough days, but a few blackout days for forced breaks (or we would go everyday while down and never see family..lol) when we are down...
    Janet
    John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Kwgrlup View Post
      I think someone said that 85% of Disney's daily visitors are return customers. Each day 6,000+ AP holders go to the park. I am probably wrong, but that is what I thought I read. I personally started out with the SO CA AP, but living out of town, I found it to have to many blackout days. Now we get the deluxe, and it is the perfect balance of enough days, but a few blackout days for forced breaks (or we would go everyday while down and never see family..lol) when we are down...
      I like the Deluxe, but get a Premium because in my job (Banking) we get the holidays off.

Comment

Originally posted by DLForever View Post
        I like the Deluxe, but get a Premium because in my job (Banking) we get the holidays off.
        That makes sense. I use to have the Premium when I lived in Long Beach. It was like $200-$250 in 96/97 the last year I had them. Now that I am a SAHM and living 4 hours away, we come down whenever we have a week or so to kill. I usually end up going during the week and Sunday, so it works perfect for us.
        Janet
        John 3:16

Comment

I read somewhere that, suprisingly, the largest category of AP holders was the premium passholders. The law firm I used to work at used to give out 25 premium passes each Christmas in their raffle, so it may be a common business gift.

Comment

I don't bother to get the premium pass. The majority of the deluxe pass's blackout dates are crowded days anyway, in which I wouldn't even plan on going...
            Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I have the Southern California AP... if I lived closer I'd probably still have the Southern California AP because of college reasons. I live a little over 2 hours away... which isn't too bad. Making day trips is still plausable. Really, I don't know why everyone gets an AP because it is so much cheeper than getting one freakin' ticket... if you go for two days, or more, you might as well... seriously.

exclusively,
              the sanguine poppet aka Sey

Comment

we have deluxe APs right now, but are planning on upgrading to Premium's when we renew in October...why, i honestly dont' really know, we only bought a blackout tickets once this last year, but my husband wants us to have the flexibility to just pick up and come down for a visit whenever we feel like it.
                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                Originally posted by pratt55
                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Deluxe after having had my Premium AP expire in September. Same thing as said by PW, most of the blackout days are mega-crowded anyways, and where's the fun in nearly getting trampled in the half-hour it'll take you to get from PoTC to the Jungle Cruise?
                  SFH: Making the world a better place... one satisfied customer at a time.

Comment

It's funny, I've convinced all of my other family members to get AP's. Personally, I have the Premium since I live the closest and go the most often (and the free parking is a great bonus!). Mom, dad, and sis all have So Cal, I think. It's the whole theory of "if we're going to come back, might as well make it an AP so it's 'free'". I like that idea.

I would love to see the actual numbers on how many guests each day are ticket-buyers or AP'ers...also how many get signed in by CM's.
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

We have the Deluxe because we live 5 hours away. I would get the premium but we don't go enough to pay the difference in price. I wish we lived closer!!!!
                      Foolish Mortal
                      sigpic

Comment

According to Miceage, there are approx. 700,000 AP holders for Disneyland Resort.

We have had the Premium APs since 2000 but with a child recently turning three, are considering downgrading to deluxe on the next renewal.
                        --
                        http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I've heard the largest category is the southern california pass......I kind of believe that after goign on the first day they could go after being blocked for a time period. Talk about a madhouse....anyway...I have PAP, but I usually go for months before renewing it. I need disney breaks..

Comment

We have had premium passes since we started buying the passes in 1997 or 98. I can only find my pass from 2000-2001 and it says 2-Park Premium. ($289 then.) I want to find the 1999 pass (I think it had Mickey painting walt on it) and see what it said. I dont remember a deluxe pass til the 2000 period.
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I have a Premium and the Wolfette and Mr.Lightyear999 have a Deluxe. We only usually go on the Deluxe days, but the discount for our family works for us, so that's why I have the Premium.
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X