• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL_CRAZE
    Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
    • Mar 2005

Walt Disney's Last Disneyland Projects

Walt Disney died in 1966 and the last the ideas and projects he had for Disneyland attractions lasted until 1977.

Pirates of the Caribbean opened the next year after Walt died and was pretty much all created by him.

The Haunted Mansion was only half created by Walt Disney, opening 3 years after his death.

Country Bear Jamboree and Space Mountain were both ideas created by Walt.

Besides Carousel of Progress, were all the new attractions and rennovations in the New 1967 Tomorrowland (Rocket Jets, Circle-Vision360, Adventure thru Inner Space, Coca-Cola Terrace Stage, Flight to the Moon, PeopleMover, Tomorrowland Stage) alll created entirely by Walt Disney?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
    Walt Disney died in 1966 and the last the ideas and projects he had for Disneyland attractions lasted until 1977.

Pirates of the Caribbean opened the next year after Walt died and was pretty much all created by him.

The Haunted Mansion was only half created by Walt Disney, opening 3 years after his death.

Besides Carousel of Progress, were all the new attractions and rennovations in the New 1967 Tomorrowland (Rocket Jets, Circle-Vision360, Adventure thru Inner Space, Coca-Cola Terrace Stage, Flight to the Moon, PeopleMover, Tomorrowland Stage) alll created entirely by Walt Disney?
    Well... from what I've read, he definitely had a hand in them (and approved and
    tweaked the concepts/storyboard) for all of those rides/attractions, often coming up with the original concepts, but he didn't do the actual design.

A lot of that went to the original WED (now Walt Disney Imagineering) guys like John Hench, Marty Sklar, Marc Davis, etc.

Comment

• figment1986
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
      His last day at the studio he saw the Country Bears concept..... He enjoyed it.. He approved it..

space Mt was something he wanted for Tomorrowland.. but never could achieve.... after his death they got a design that would work and built it at WDW... but I think roy approved it technically...

Comment

• Druggas
        Hooterville, USA
        • Feb 2005

I would hope his spirit presence would be all over it!
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• DsnyFvr
          My laughing place
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by nish221
          Well... from what I've read, he definitely had a hand in them (and approved and
          tweaked the concepts/storyboard) for all of those rides/attractions, often coming up with the original concepts, but he didn't do the actual design.

A lot of that went to the original WED (now Walt Disney Imagineering) guys like John Hench, Marty Sklar, Marc Davis, etc.
          I was not aware of this..but it makes alot of sense. The attractions/rides you mentioned are all of the quality Walt would do. The sad part is, Im not sure there are any imagineers left besides Marty Sklar that actually worked under Walt.
          Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
          http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

• Not Afraid
            Gay Man
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MarkS01
            The sad part is, Im not sure there are any imagineers left besides Marty Sklar that actually worked under Walt.
            By left do you mean alive or still working for WDI? There are still a few present and former Imagineers alive today - Rolly Crump, Ollie Johnston, Marty Skalar and more.

Comment

• FigmentJedi
              MiceChatter
              • Feb 2005

Space Mountain dated back to Walt.

Comment

• DisLee
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                There are still a few present and former Imagineers alive today - Rolly Crump, Ollie Johnston, Marty Skalar and more.
                Ollie Johnston was at the Studios, not Imagineering.

Comment

• AmandasDad
                  • Feb 2005

Although not an attraction, Club 33 was one of Walt's. It did not open until months after his death.
                  -AmandasDad

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X