This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney money

Can we use disney money at the food carts that are around the park. Like the ice cream carts. We are trying to figuare out how much money we need to bring to the park each day.

10-4
    Roger
    Yeah
    Yeseree!
    Affirmative
    You betcha.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Depend how much you want to snack, eat, and buy.....But with the prices, I advise bringing oodles!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Let's see. Ice Creams from ODV are $3.50. Sodas/Waters are $2.75. Churros are $2.75. Pretzels are (I think) $3.25. Turkey Legs and Chimichangas are $6 (but only available on Main Street and in Adventureland)!!

But yeah, they take Disney Dollars at those carts.
        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Disney Dollars are accepted anywhere they sell anything in the parks Of course occasionally, the ODV CMs look at me funny when I buy stuff off of the ODV carts with it.
          ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

When I get D Dollars and they are left lver, I give them as tips (along with reg currency) as tios. I lovbe to see the food service workers face when they get it.
            >>Alan<<
            Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
              When I get D Dollars and they are left lver, I give them as tips (along with reg currency) as tios. I lovbe to see the food service workers face when they get it.
              I am sure a few of them think "oh great just want I wanted Money I can only spend at work"

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista
                I am sure a few of them think "oh great just want I wanted Money I can only spend at work"
                Sorry, I was not specific.... I would give the dollars to people outside the park,
                >>Alan<<
                Member 216

Comment

Once your money is changed into Disney Dollars, is there no going back to USA dollars? Is it like a foreign country where you can exchange them back, or are you stuck with them until you go to another Disney park or Disney Store? Other than keeping one or two for a keepsake, what is the point of the DD? Does the hotel properties accept them? Downtown Disney? Sorry, I guess I'm just missing the point of all the expense of creating Disney Dollars in the first place.
                  As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

The point is, there is no point. They are as good as dollars at any Disney facility. Yes, you can get your real money back. You have to be a Disney geek to really want to carry D dollars around with you or to undersand why. It seems funny you post here and don't get it. :lol:
                    >>Alan<<
                    Member 216

Comment

it is really just part of the experience... I know my friends all gave me $10 in DD one year for my birthday... it was fun... but there is a sort of change in currency... when you buy something they give you back the money in US dollars...
                      -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
                      Shines in the night for you
                      To tell you that the dreams you plan
                      Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy
                        Once your money is changed into Disney Dollars, is there no going back to USA dollars? Is it like a foreign country where you can exchange them back, or are you stuck with them until you go to another Disney park or Disney Store? Other than keeping one or two for a keepsake, what is the point of the DD? Does the hotel properties accept them? Downtown Disney? Sorry, I guess I'm just missing the point of all the expense of creating Disney Dollars in the first place.
                        The Hotels, The Disney Stores, World of Disney and Marceline's and many many more places.

One of the nice things is that if you want a cash advance from a credit card - when you buy DD, there is no transaction fee or cash-advance interest rate associated with it. If it's a simple ATM withdrawal you want - then the DD purchase saves you the 2.50 transaction fee. So those are a couple of nice perks.

Plus Disney Dollars makes nice gifts and show the whole world what a super uber geeky dork I truly am!
                        ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

We used to exchange the money over in the Bank on Main Street. Anyone know when they switched over to exchanging US for DD at City Hall? That was a new one to me.

I got ten $1 DDs and gave them to my friends at work. That way, they'll always smile when they see it and remember from whom it came (that guy who's pathetically obsessed with the Mouse!) It's a relatively cheap way to spread around some DL spirit.
                          "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Disney Dollars, Cash, Credit Cards, Major bodily Organs, Right arms, blood....

They will take it all!
                            -----------------------------------------------
                            DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                              Disney Dollars, Cash, Credit Cards, Major bodily Organs, Right arms, blood....

They will take it all!
                              And probably your first-born, if they could fit them into a character costume.
                              "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X