This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THOSE are speakers!

Would anybody happen to know what brand and model the speakers are that Disney uses along the parade routes and for Fantasmic? Those are the most bitchin speakers I have ever heard and I would love to get some. I know that they are probably really expensive but I like my music REALLY loud and those speakers would be perfect! They have excellant sound quality and can be tunred extra loud without the sound quality being affected. Hopefully I can tick off the sourrounding neighbors and maybe shatter a few windows

Thanks for your help!

-AS1

Re: Now THOSE are speakers!

I don't know what kind of speakers they are, but I've heard there are subwoofers built under the pavement in the performance corridor of DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
      I like my music REALLY loud and those speakers would be perfect! They have excellant sound quality and can be tunred extra loud without the sound quality being affected. Hopefully I can tick off the sourrounding neighbors and maybe shatter a few windows
      That would be so cool.... Can you imagine if those speakers were your surround sound? Watching Star Wars would so rock!! I do not know what type they use, but I would think a name brand?
      Janet
      John 3:16

Comment

I think they are JBL but JBL makes a million types of speakers

Comment

Do you think you could find out the info at City Hall? I hope you are able to find out what type they are.
          Janet

Comment

I am determined to

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
              I am determined to
              Make sure to share what type they are when you find out....
              Janet

Comment

Originally posted by jepple View Post
                I don't know what kind of speakers they are, but I've heard there are subwoofers built under the pavement in the performance corridor of DCA.
                I wish that was in my living room. I'd feel the movie.

Comment

During the Christmas party, they were tuned up and DL rocked!
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I recognize the speakers in Downtown Disney as JBL's. They just covered up the JBL logo in the middle of them with that green stuff. Disney usually sticks with suppliers on things so I bet they use JBL speakers, but you have to remember that they custom build things. So I'm sure that all the sound you hear for Fantasmic! was custom crafted. The speaker boxes and combos to the locations. If you look hard enough you'll find subwoofers hidden all along the parade route. Even under some benches!

Comment

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/install/marquis.htm

If they are JBL I am 80% sure they are the model link I provided above. Granted when Disney ordered as many as they did they requested custom enclosers for the 200+ speakers they purchased. If you want pricing on them Private message me and I can give a decent deal on a pair.
                      Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Those are the ones!

Comment

The speakers you see on the Parade route are the outdoor versions of the EAW KF-300. The subwoofers around the route are manufactured in-house at WDI.

Comment

I have always wondered the smae exact thing. I love when they crank up the sound for shows, especially the bass.

Comment

The ones in DCA are EAW. Well the ones i've seen around soarin' and stuff...

JBL = Junky But Loud, not nearly the quality EAW is. I've visited the JBL factory and the workers themselves say its junk, eminence componants.

But the ones I see in DCA are EAW's. (EAW also designed some of the top sound structures, including the US Capitol where the shape of the chambers make it hard for any speaker to cover and have good enough even throw, EAW achieved that mark)
                              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X