This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was DL busy on SuperBowl Sunday?

Hi! We arrived at the Park (or more accurately exited the fwy) at 11:30am and found the traffic to backed up on the entrance ramp and overflowing to West St. (or for those newbies, Disneyland Drive ). There was a CHP motorcycle cop waving traffic off to proceed down Disneyland Drive. We wound up just keeping going not wanting to deal with the "perceived" crowds. I've never seen the parking garage that backed up (and I'm a long time AP, 18+ years).

Was the Park really that busy? Were just a few gates open causing massive jams? I'm trying to figure out if I made a bad decision...
    If I'm smiling, I'm not paying attention

Re: Was DL busy on SuperBowl Sunday?

Don't know specifically about yesterday, but it's my experience that the "not busy because it's Super Sunday" thing has long since gone by the wayside....

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

It was pretty busy with hour waits on most e-tickets, the parking garage was bad the gates seemed alright with many of them open. But overall the park itself seemed okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
        Don't know specifically about yesterday, but it's my experience that the "not busy because it's Super Sunday" thing has long since gone by the wayside....

--Barry
        Moms and kids have to have something to do while Dad becomes one with the television set.
        :ap: Here you leave today and enter a world of Yesterday, Tommorow and Fantasy:ap:

Comment

It was like a typical sunday. Wasn't too crowded but it also wasn't empty.
          PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

--Barry
            Totally agree.
            The park was busy in the morning and early afternoon.

Comment

I got there towards the afternoon, and after exiting my car it took me a little over an hour to get INTO Disneyland. I found out it to be TOO crowded since I wasn't an avid park goer during the 50th (just got my AP in October 06), so after enjoying the last few weeks of a pretty empty and calm park ... this was not to my liking.

I did some pin trading and then went to DTD and watched a movie. It was funny that on the tram the operator asked ... "So by a raise of hands how many of you thought the park would be empty today because of Superbowl Sunday? ... (mostly everybody raises their hands) ... well so did 70,000 of your friends. The park is pretty busy today, so I suggest you plan your day accordingly."

Believe me I would have gone back home, but since I was already there I figured I might as well do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Alt View Post
                Moms and kids have to have something to do while Dad becomes one with the television set.
                Actually, Id never seen so many single fathers in one place I think next years superbowl commercial time may be cheaper

Comment

I found the park to be busy, but not overly so and was expecting much worse. I arrived at 2pm and stayed until 9pm or so. I only went yesterday to ride the trains (down for refurb) and walk the dusty trails of TSI one last time. The island was surprisingly uncrowded late in the day. I thought it might have seen a few more nostalgia-goofs (like myself). Maybe it is time to convert it into something people can get excited about!
                  Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

We went in Friday and Saturday. Friday was GREAT! longest wait was for Peter Pan at about 20 mi utes...Pirates was about 10 minutes. (heard thursday was even better than that!)

Saturday MUCH busier, 1 hour+ for pirates, and up to 2 for Space mountain.

Sunday as we drove out it looked like it was to be busy again as the crosswalks on harbor were packed heading in...
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

We thought it was moderately busy for a Super Bowl Sunday. Maybe if Janet Jackson been the half-time "peep show" again, the park might have been less busy (or maybe more busy - who knows.) :lol:

Comment

"Super busy" in the early afternoon moving into "Normal Sunday" in the late afternoon an then becomming"Rides were practically walk-on" in the evening.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X