This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever not been scanned in?

We had an odd experience last Friday. My Beloved went ahead of me at the entry gate and handed the CM, an older woman, an AP. At just about that time, the CM decided she needed to get the attention of a fellow CM, and started saying the man's name very softly. He couldn't hear over the crowds, and the line was starting to back up, so My Beloved, in her inimitable way, shouted the CM's name so he'd pay attention and we could all get on with our day.

About an hour later, we're getting FPs for Indy and My Beloved's says it isn't valid because her pass wasn't used for admission that day. It looked as though her AP hadn't been scanned in for the day. A CM straightened it out for us, and we got a day-long substitute pass for that purpose when we did FPs for Space, and the whole thing was moot once we got over the DCA.

I'm just wondering how many times someone's pass doesn't get scanned because of inattention or for other reasons. I'd imagine it's mainly APs, but non-AP passes would be an even bigger drain on the company, if the guest was wise to what happened and used it for another day's admission.

Anybody ever have a similar situation?
    sigpic

Re: Ever not been scanned in?

Wolfette's constantly doesn't scan, actually it comes up with no more valid entrances and that she's a CM (She's only 10). Once the lady said just go ahead, but of course the FP Machines rejected her as an unpaid entrance. Since then we just continue having them scan until it reads properly. Has happened at least 3 times in the last couple of months.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

It's happened to me once before. No big deal, just got a blue pass for FASTPASS from a Buzz Lightyear CM and was good to go.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

The last time I went, mine scanned ok, but the CM had difficulty scanning the guest's in front of me. It finally scanned by they had to run it under the reader 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Mine's always worked fine...

Comment

Never happened to me before. Probably because they pay a little more attention when teens are about to enter just to make sure they are trying to pull something

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
              Wolfette's constantly doesn't scan, actually it comes up with no more valid entrances...
              You mean like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                You mean like this?

That's pretty good! HA!

Comment

This has happened to me a couple of times. The CM's at HM had a card that I could use to get Fastpasses and told me that the entry gate was being lazy.
                  "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." - Walt Disney
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes! It's happened to someone in my family almost every day of our visits. The first time it happened, I went back to the AP Center (where the CM at Space Mtn. told me to go), then they scanned me in and I still couldn't get FP's, so I went back and forth, following all the rules, still nothing.

Now I just give the "invalid FP" to a CM when the other four of us have our valid FP's to get on a ride. I've never been given a hassle.

Comment

it isn't valid because her pass wasn't used for admission that day
                      Mine was doing this for Big Thunder mountain, California screamin', and space mountain on the 28th.

I thought it was because some ofm y bar code is rubbed off because it is in my wallet. This happens to me.

Comment

If you are at the park(s) on a blockout date, can you still get fast passes?

and if so, do you scan the block out pass, or your ap/ticket?

Comment

Comment

Walking into DCA last monday I didn't get scanned in Went to get FP's for Soarin for later on that day and Frenchy got one, and mine came out invalid cause i wasn't scanned in.

I knew something was wrong when I first walked in because they usualyl dont scan that fast?!

I was sad I couldn't go on Soarin' But I did waste 15 min of my life on Monsters Inc.

I got scanned in at DL thank God for my Indy FP yay!
                            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                              Now I just give the "invalid FP" to a CM when the other four of us have our valid FP's to get on a ride. I've never been given a hassle.
                              Thats what we do when it happens to my son's pass. He seems to have this problem often. I have never had a problem with that FP.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X