Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me? Disney staff question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you help me? Disney staff question

    I hope this is not in the totally wrong area, but it probably is. I work for a magazine called "Haunted Attraction". For that last four years we have put on a convention for haunters. This year we want to have someone that can do a seminar on something different that has to do with haunted houses.

    I have been given the green light to contact Disney about sending someone to talk about THE haunted mansion. Any haunter worth a scream respects the work and thought that has gone into Disney's Haunted Mansion and it would be a great speaking topic.

    What I need to find out in a very short time, that is why I am coming to the all knowing Mice Chatters, is who would I talk to at Disney to get this ball rolling. It could be a creator, tech, etc. So if you have any contact information that I could use to find a guest speaker I would greatly appreciate the help.

    Thank You
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    :yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

    :thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    :captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet

    sigpic




  • #2
    Re: Can you help me? Disney staff question

    Holy Cow! I read Haunted Attraction Magazine! I got my first issue last year at Haunt X! I too am in love with Haunted attractions. Have been since i was four. Good luck with finding someone to talk about the haunted mansion ( my favorite attraction ). That would be a really cool thing to attend, because it's a haunted attraction, but different in it's own class.
    Wow, that was a fun ride?

    What should we go on next?

    BizarreSFL: How about the haunted mansion???

    But we already went on it five times, haven't you had enough??

    BizarreSFL: NOOOOOOO!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can you help me? Disney staff question

      I would recommend as speakers, Jason Surrel (author of a recent book on Disney's Haunted Mansions) who I believe works for Disney...and/or Bruce Gordon. Bruce used to be an Imagineer and then was laid-off. But then I saw he was doing stuff for Disney again...so I don't really know if he's back on the payroll, or if he's freelancing now.

      Both are very knowledgeable about the history of all the various Disney Haunted Mansions, in the areas of the actual "story & show" of the things.

      If they are still working for Disney...you may have to contact some other department first, to get permission to proceed with the plan. If they don't work for Disney any longer...then I suspect you might be able to contact them directly.

      Also still alive and kicking is retired Disney Legend X Atencio...who was involved in the design and building of the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland (he wrote the song too!).

      Can't help you with phone numbers. Sorry. Good Luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can you help me? Disney staff question

        Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
        Also still alive and kicking is retired Disney Legend X Atencio...who was involved in the design and building of the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland (he wrote the song too!).
        Just to clarify, X wrote the lyrics, but Buddy Baker did the music.
        "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

        "You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
        -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can you help me? Disney staff question

          Originally posted by BizarreSFL View Post
          Holy Cow! I read Haunted Attraction Magazine! I got my first issue last year at Haunt X! I too am in love with Haunted attractions. Have been since i was four. Good luck with finding someone to talk about the haunted mansion ( my favorite attraction ). That would be a really cool thing to attend, because it's a haunted attraction, but different in it's own class.
          Well glad to hear that you read the magazine! We try to reach all sorts of readers and hearing that you think the haunted mansion idea for a speaker is a good one leads me to go forward! You have to love the Haunted Mansion!
          "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
          --- Walt Disney

          :yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

          :thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
          Nightmare Before Christmas

          :captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

          Still waiting to go to my first meet

          sigpic



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can you help me? Disney staff question

            Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
            I would recommend as speakers, Jason Surrel (author of a recent book on Disney's Haunted Mansions) who I believe works for Disney...and/or Bruce Gordon. Bruce used to be an Imagineer and then was laid-off. But then I saw he was doing stuff for Disney again...so I don't really know if he's back on the payroll, or if he's freelancing now.

            Both are very knowledgeable about the history of all the various Disney Haunted Mansions, in the areas of the actual "story & show" of the things.

            If they are still working for Disney...you may have to contact some other department first, to get permission to proceed with the plan. If they don't work for Disney any longer...then I suspect you might be able to contact them directly.

            Also still alive and kicking is retired Disney Legend X Atencio...who was involved in the design and building of the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland (he wrote the song too!).

            Can't help you with phone numbers. Sorry. Good Luck!
            Thank you for the information. I was at the wonderful Anniversary Celebration for the HM many years back and heard Mr. Atencio speak. He has so many stories and such a great sense of humor. I will try and find contact info on him.
            Thanks again
            "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
            --- Walt Disney

            :yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

            :thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
            Nightmare Before Christmas

            :captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

            Still waiting to go to my first meet

            sigpic



            Comment

            Ad Widget

            Collapse
            Working...
            X