This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain EO facts

The story for Captain EO was created by none other than George Lucas.

It is believed that the Death Star makes an appearance in Captain EO in the scene where his spaceship is racing through what looks to be the pathways of the Death Star, similar to the scene in the film and Star Tours.

The cost of making this film ran between 17 and 30 million dollars.

At the time, it was one of the most expensive films ever to be made on a per-minute basis since it was only seventeen minutes long.

EO comes from the name Greek Goddess Eos-the goddess of dawn.

This is the only attraction in Disneyland and Disneyworld to open around the same time. The only difference was Disneyworld got theirs 6 day before Disneyland.

The little elephant alien by the name of Hooter was played by Tony Cox. He's an African American midget actor whose been known for his roles in "Bad Santa" and "Me, Myself and Irene".
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

is Captain EO still in DL?
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Comment

Nope - long time ago it was removed. Honey I Shrunk the Audience is in it's place now.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

Nope, replaced by Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

I don't know if this is true but DL received so much negative concerns since the first Michael Jackson molestation claim, they removed it.

Comment

Captain EO hasnt been at DL since April of 1997.
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

if its the same as epcots version, then thats a great 3-d show! unfortunatly i never got the chance to see EO.
            wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
            00 off property with future wife
            00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
            01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
            02 off property with inlaws
            03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
            06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Comment

I loved Captain EO! The singing, the dancing, Angelica Huston!!!! Who could ask for more?
              "George Bush... is only for now."
              Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Actually, a few years ago, MTV did a Michael Jackson marathon and for some reason, they showed Captain EO, so I taped it and still have it to watch!! It was so cool, I miss it
                My mind won't rest
                and I don't sleep
                Not even in my dreams...
                -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                1985-2005

Comment

Oh that's not fair sorceress! Now I have to watch MTV in the hopes that I might see it again! I lover that show so much. WAY better than HISTA.
                  The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

The weekend that Captain EO premeired Disneyland was open for 72 hours straight. It was a Blast! Funny thing is with everything else there is to do, we never did get around to seeing the show. Spent a lot of time riding space mountain from what I can remember - it was a darn long time ago!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

You forgot that it was directed by Francis Ford Coppola! Yay for hooter.

Captain EO: Somebody get the map. Wheres the map?
                      Idy: Who's got the map?
                      Ody: Fuzzball
                      Fuzzball: Hooter has it :: points ::
                      Major Domo: Hooter has it!
                      Captain EO: Hooter!
                      Hooter: I think I ate it.

Comment

I brought back this avatar especially for this thread. Eisner and Jacko morphed together in this rare outtake!
                        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

God, I freakin' LOVED Captain Eo as a kid. When Disneyland was less expensive (way back in the late 80s early 90s!), my cousin and I had a collection of the 3D glasses. heh.

I think Angelica Houston was also in Captain Eo, correct?
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

woo eo.
                            Angelica Houston was in it but didn't look all that flattering, not even at the end when she was happy lady again.

Comment

I have captain EO on my computer dvd quality (or as much as dvd possible for such an old film). Its pretty cool. I remember seeing it when I was a youngen... sort of. Before I watched it all i remembered was that little flying creature.
                              (insert funny comment here)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X