This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a piece of the rock

Thought some others might be interested in this, DisneyShopping is selling small pieces of the Matterhorn in a 50th Anniversary box for $19.95.

I got one last year off their auction site and paid around $50 for it. The box is just a cardboard box, nothing really special but not bad. The piece is about the size of an apricot and is really just a chunck of concrete, but at least the one that I got has one side that you can tell was from the outer shell of the mountain.

Anyway, for this price I ordered another and I thought others might be interested in it as well.

Enjoy!

Re: Get a piece of the rock

that really cool! but where are they getting these pieces from? and question where did you take that pic its awesome!
    sigpic
    C'mon everybody, here we go!

Comment

that's rad , though i might like to have a jar of water from Pirates Of The Caribbean ... ha ha ha..

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by ldybgstm View Post
        that really cool! but where are they getting these pieces from? and question where did you take that pic its awesome!
        He owns it!
        Charlie :wave:
        MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by GrimGreen:
          that's rad , though i might like to have a jar of water from Pirates Of The Caribbean ... ha ha ha..
          Not anymore Grimm Green. Since the Jack Sparrow update they put in clean water and it doesn't have that amazing smell that it used to have(much to the shagrin and frustration of my husband!) Maybe in 50 more years.

Comment

Thanks for info
            :crazylegs

Comment

Thought I'd share the link to Disneyshopping of the item for sale.
              http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/...rtial&Dr=&Dn=0
              Here's what they say about it: "Own a piece of your own cherished vacation memories and a genuine piece of a classic Disneyland attraction with this authentic Matterhorn rock from Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Chipped away from the great mountain during a renovation of Fantasyland's Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction, the rock -- presented in a special display box bearing the park's 50th anniversary ''Happiest Homecoming on Earth'' logo."
              Last edited by RatherB@Disneyland; 02-11-2007, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Ha, I find this extremely funny. Concrete in a box, what a deal! :lmao:
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherB@Disneyland View Post
                  Not anymore Grimm Green. Since the Jack Sparrow update they put in clean water and it doesn't have that amazing smell that it used to have(much to the shagrin and frustration of my husband!) Maybe in 50 more years.
                  Oh my gosh last time i went into POTC i was very excited and ready for the smell but the first thing i smelt was chlorine! the sent came back as a went further into the attraction but still! so upset!

and i cant believe he owns that! that is incredible!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                    He owns it!
                    still cool! and so is your wall poster collection! love it!
                    sigpic

Comment

I fell for the Electrical Parade lightbulb in a box thing, only to have the parade come back shortly thereafter. I don't need a chunk of the Matterhorn, too.

Now if they were to actually tear the Matterhorn down, then it might be interesting. Sad, yes, but interesting.
                      A signature should go here.

Comment

You have to love Disneyauctions when they had items like the Rocket DLfan has.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFan View Post
                          Thought some others might be interested in this, DisneyShopping is selling small pieces of the Matterhorn in a 50th Anniversary box for $19.95.

I got one last year off their auction site and paid around $50 for it. The box is just a cardboard box, nothing really special but not bad. The piece is about the size of an apricot and is really just a chunck of concrete, but at least the one that I got has one side that you can tell was from the outer shell of the mountain.

Anyway, for this price I ordered another and I thought others might be interested in it as well.

Enjoy!
                          I can picture it now...

Say...how can we get rid of all of these 50th Anniversary Boxes? I KNOW, we'll put pieces of the Matterhorn in them!

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                            My friends and i scooped up a water bottle of the water from Pirates in like 2004, and later when we opened it, that scent that you smell inside the ride was wafting out of the bottle. We made the guys drink it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
                              Ha, I find this extremely funny. Concrete in a box, what a deal! :lmao:
                              It's a deal because Matterhorn is sinking!
                              -Jack :geek:
                              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X