This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Herbie!!

If you've been to the resort recently, you may have noticed Herbie the Love Bug sitting by the ticket booths between the two park entrances. This was a bit of a surprise to me today as I got to the park.

What was more of a surprise, though, was when I was driving there. It was 10:26 am, I was on Harbor blvd, about to turn right onto Ball to get to the resort, when Herbie drove past me on the opposing side of traffic! I must admit I did a double take after taking some time to register what I was seeing. That, coupled with the briefness of our passing meant I couldn't take a picture with my digital camera, sadly.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Wait a minute, Herbie was sitting by the ticket booths? When? How did I possibly miss this? I'm a huge Love Bug fan and I missed this. I need more information. I was at the park on Saturday, but I didn't come in the main entrance. Does anyone know how long he will be there?

P.S. I love that they drive him home. That is fantabulous.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Here he is...

He is over on the Simba side, not the Mickey & Friend's side.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

If they drive 'him' in and out of ther Park every day, where is he kept at night?
        -----------------------------------------------
        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Herbie is covered up at night. The herbie you saw on harbor was a CMs car. He has a pretty good replica (exterior only), and it doesn't have the sponsorship stickers.
          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
          --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

I believe Herbie is there until June 27th or so.

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
              Herbie is covered up at night. The herbie you saw on harbor was a CMs car. He has a pretty good replica (exterior only), and it doesn't have the sponsorship stickers.
              Yah I have seen this CM drive this car around the area of the resort before. I guess people are just going to notice him a lot more after this movie is released.

Comment

I saw Herbie twice already. The CM standing by it said that it was fully drivable to me and I got plenty of ideas on stealing it and racing it.. but alas.. I am not in the mood to go to jail ha ha! It's a nice car though.

My friend saw some filming for the movie at the Nascar race last September at California Speedway. Herbie was there!

Comment

Drop by the Petersen Museum sometime and see (one of the) original Herbie(s)
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

hahahaha... I was in the Cast Member lot a couple weeks ago, and I parked two spots away from Herbie!! I took a couple pictures with my camera phone, and when I got home, I told me eight year old sister. She didn't believe me, and said "NO WAY" like eight year olds do... when I showed her, she was like "Oh my Gosh, that's SOOOO COOL"... now I really want to take her to Mann's Chinese to see the "premiere"!!
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Yay. They should have a trick Herbie for the park like they used to.

Comment

Wow, That is great I have all the movies and love the Herbie Series. I had a 73 SuperBeetle bu have always wanted a 62 oval back window model. I have to get some pics while Im there
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Cool, now just get that silly bimbo off of that poster and it would be even better!

Comment

Tic Toc, Herbie is a 63. Of course now that I've gone up north for the summer, they bring out Herbie. Just my luck. Wish there was a way to get back down before the 27th. Grrr!
                            The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Small Panda After All
                              Tic Toc, Herbie is a 63. Of course now that I've gone up north for the summer, they bring out Herbie. Just my luck. Wish there was a way to get back down before the 27th. Grrr!
                              Thanks Realize that it is.
                              That is just particular year I like personally.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X