This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son and my trip, heavy text, no pics, sorry! 2/13

I went to Disneyland alone with my son today for the first time ever. I definately thought it would've been easier than it was. I do recognize that I was underappreciating my husband! (So thank you babe!)

Anyways, I left at 7:30 and got to the park at 10 on the dot. The drive was great Jake fell asleep as soon as we had left. The drive wasn't bad once I got to the 5 and got into the carpool lane. The rain was on and off the worst part was at Camp Pendelton, it had started raining like someone turned a light switch on and I couldn't see a thing. And then shut off, it was alittle odd.

I didn't take our stroller because he HATES sitting in the stroller and figured with just me it'd be hard pushing the stroller and holding him, I think maybe a bad idea. He did pretty good until I let him walk around a little bit then picked him up, and he wanted to keep walking. Let's just say I lost some hair in that battle, but I won and he calmed down.

I took him on 6 rides before I felt like my arms were going to fall off, we went on Snow White first, he likes that ride ( I think, he doesn't really smile or frown he just hums to himself). Then we went on Pinocchio, he does not like Pinocchio! It wasn't too bad until Moby popped up and the strobe lights went off onto his teeth, it was a crying ride from then on out. Then off to the Teacups, which he liked, he laughed the whole time, while I just got dizzy (I hate spinning!) Then we went on IASW, he loved it! Then Haunted Mansion which he did really good until we got to the cemetary and then he got a little freaked out and tried to crawl behind me. Then to Winne the Pooh, which he liked. I really wanted to take him Peter Pan, this is the 3rd time I've taken him and everytime, on opening there is already a line!

The park seemed irregularly busy for a Tuesday to me. There were a lot of younger girls, I think there was a dance competition of some sort.

It was a nice day while I was at the park though, not a cloud in the sky when I got there, it was pretty toasty. Then when I was leaving at around noon it started getting a little chilly and breezy.

My next trip on the 28th (My Birthday :yea: WooHoo the big 23!) I'm going to do a report for, my husband and best friend will be accompaning me so hopefully I'll be able to take lots of pictures.

Thanks for reading!

Re: My son and my trip, heavy text, no pics, sorry! 2/13

Thanks for sharing your report!
    We don't get many weekday reports, so it's nice to read one!
    The line to Peter Pan is usually long, all the time, unfortunately, because I love that ride! Hopefully on your birthday :yea: the line will be shorter!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Re: My son and my trip, heavy text, no pics, sorry! 2/13

[quote=Lilyella21;1411110]
      I didn't take our stroller because he HATES sitting in the stroller and figured with just me it'd be hard pushing the stroller and holding him, I think maybe a bad idea. opening there is already a line!
      How old is your son? You know for next time, if you go as the lone parent -- roll with a stroller. Depending on how long a day you are planning on making it, I found that when I was on a solo-parent outing, it was a good idea to have the stroller, "just in case". There were times I didn't end up using it, but those times I did, it was a lifesaver. Sometimes I felt that if I brought it, I didn't need it, but when I didn't drag it along I ended up regretting it! :lol:

My next trip on the 28th (My Birthday :yea: WooHoo the big 23!)
      I hope you will have a great birthday trip! That's a Wednesday, so maybe it won't be too crowded.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X