Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for pin collectors

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A question for pin collectors

    Soooo there's a pin event this upcoming Saturday (Feb 17). I'm not a hardcore pin collecter but I do buy the pins that I really like, and one of them is on that day, pictured here:



    I'm a huge Bambi fan, and an even bigger ThumperxMiss Bunny fan The thing is, the cast member I asked said they were going to be limited edition, 500 is the # I believe she said. Since the artists will be there signing, I'm scared that the pins will be in high demand, so I'm just wondering, what are the chances of me getting this pin?:shy: I don't think 500 people are going to be there that day, but I may not be able to go that day so yeah... I possibly will have to go some other time, hopefully Sunday...

  • #2
    Re: A question for pin collectors

    Cute pin. I would say you have a pertty good chance. I don't think Bambi is in release, and tumper is a secondary character.

    A day or two after, there are sure to be CM's trading it.
    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Originally posted by steamboatpete
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A question for pin collectors

      Better view or your pin:



      This is what usually happens at artist signings.

      People line up, they get wrist bands, and then they open the doors for people to buy pins.

      Here is what will happen that day:
      Wristbands will be valid for the purchase of the pins at the designated merchandise location until 1:00 P.M. on the day of distribution. Wristbands are limited. At 1:00 P.M. any remaining pins will be available for purchase at the designated merchandise location by persons who have not previously purchased the pin(s) on the day of release. Lost, stolen or damaged wristbands will not be replaced. Wristbands have no cash value. Restrictions apply. Subject to change without notice.


      I suggest you get in line and get the pin. It has been from my experience in the past that these pins do sell out and they are hard to find.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A question for pin collectors

        Well, if everyone in line buys two then only 250 will get the pin. I don't see this pin selling out first day. But be sure to get it! Sunday is Pin Trading Night at the Paradise Pier Hotel and this will bring many more pin traders out to the park. I am guessing it will sell out early Sunday. Jessica Rabbit will sell out Saturday. I am not crazy for these pins but the more I hear about it the more I feel it may just sell out on Saturday. Atleast there aren't any Hitchhiking ghosts for this PIn trading night! We had over 1500 people lined up to buy the last PTN pin and only 250 got the LE 500 since it was 2 per person, and it was a mad house! This shouldn't be anything like that!




        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChiiDesu View Post
          Since the artists will be there signing, I'm scared that the pins will be in high demand, so I'm just wondering, what are the chances of me getting this pin?
          It's kind of hit and miss. In days gone by, pins like this sold out within the first couple of hours with long lines of people waiting. In recent years, it's not uncommon for pins to still be available a week or even more afterward, with a few exceptions. It's really a matter of how badly you want the pin. If you really want it and can go that day, any time that day, then do it. Otherwise, go when you can and hope for the best.

          Oh, and this kind of pin will *not* be showing up on CM lanyards.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A question for pin collectors

            Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post
            Cute pin. I would say you have a pertty good chance. I don't think Bambi is in release, and tumper is a secondary character.

            A day or two after, there are sure to be CM's trading it.
            With it being a LE500, it won't be on a CM lanyard anytime in the near future.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A question for pin collectors

              You'll probably be able to get it on E-bay the day they're released...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A question for pin collectors

                Originally posted by ChiiDesu View Post
                Soooo there's a pin event this upcoming Saturday (Feb 17). I'm not a hardcore pin collecter but I do buy the pins that I really like, and one of them is on that day, pictured here:



                I'm a huge Bambi fan, and an even bigger ThumperxMiss Bunny fan The thing is, the cast member I asked said they were going to be limited edition, 500 is the # I believe she said. Since the artists will be there signing, I'm scared that the pins will be in high demand, so I'm just wondering, what are the chances of me getting this pin?:shy: I don't think 500 people are going to be there that day, but I may not be able to go that day so yeah... I possibly will have to go some other time, hopefully Sunday...
                THANK YOU! For years my daughter and I have tried to find out the girls name in the movie. We could not find it anywhere. Miss Bunny! Now I can call and tell her! YEAH!!!!:yea:
                "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                --- Walt Disney

                :yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

                :thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                Nightmare Before Christmas

                :captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

                Still waiting to go to my first meet

                sigpic



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A question for pin collectors

                  Originally posted by ladydragon55 View Post
                  THANK YOU! For years my daughter and I have tried to find out the girls name in the movie. We could not find it anywhere. Miss Bunny! Now I can call and tell her! YEAH!!!!:yea:
                  Waaa noooo In truth, I'm not really sure if it is canon, but that's what I've seen her being called sometimes(even the official disney pin site calls her that). I've even seen her called "Blossom" as well. So I'm really not sure

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A question for pin collectors

                    I'm probably just going to get there early in the morning and line up for it. My mom is a giant Thumper fan, and between me and my three siblings, we've purchased pretty much every piece of Thumper merchandise in existence for her. Of course she's got to get this one.

                    There's another romantically themed pin that won the CM design-a-pin contest, but I don't remember what it looks like, and I'm too lazy to check the portal.

                    Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                    "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A question for pin collectors

                      Originally posted by cstephens View Post
                      It's kind of hit and miss. In days gone by, pins like this sold out within the first couple of hours with long lines of people waiting. In recent years, it's not uncommon for pins to still be available a week or even more afterward, with a few exceptions.

                      Oh, and this kind of pin will *not* be showing up on CM lanyards.
                      Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                      With it being a LE500, it won't be on a CM lanyard anytime in the near future.
                      I doubt it will be on a CM lanyard at all, like they said. And like cstephens said it is hit and miss and just depends. I have seen pins at these events sold out within hours and people actually REALLY upset they didnt' get one. Then again, I've seen pins last for a couple of weeks after their release BUT those pins were not LE 500's.

                      Like I said, get in line and get the wristband early.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A question for pin collectors

                        Since we are on the subject of pins --I found a passholder pin with Belle on it that was supposed to have been released in a limited edition of 500, last Friday -- I'm thinking that a) they completely sold out, b) it still hasn't been released yet. I was there on Friday afternoon/evening and didn't see it anywhere...anyone have any info? Or am I just out of luck?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A question for pin collectors

                          If you guys have MC Gold there is a great Pin Traders club you could join. All questions answered in there.

                          Originally posted by Belle626 View Post
                          Since we are on the subject of pins --I found a passholder pin with Belle on it that was supposed to have been released in a limited edition of 500, last Friday -- I'm thinking that a) they completely sold out, b) it still hasn't been released yet. I was there on Friday afternoon/evening and didn't see it anywhere...anyone have any info? Or am I just out of luck?
                          But to answer this one, you have to present your AP at one of these locations:

                          Little Green Men Store Command

                          P.T. Flea Market.

                          Did you try that? If you tried all these stores and they didn't have any, then they are all gone and these AP pins are HARD to come by for trading.

                          It's a great pin though:



                          Edition Size: 1000
                          SKU: 11829063
                          Retail: $12.95

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A question for pin collectors

                            Thanks for the info. I haven't done pin trading in a while, but when I saw this one I had to have it. They used to post the new releases, sunday pins, ap pins, and credit card pins in a separate case to let you know they were available -- I didn't see this anywhere. I will try, try again ...hopefully it's not too late -- I don't know if I am brave enough to show up on a holiday weekend.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A question for pin collectors

                              The 2 best sites for pin info are www.odpt.com (disney info) and www.dizpins.com (not disney run so more info) as far as the pins this Saturday they really are hit or miss. I have seen some of the CM create a pins sell out right away and I have seen some sit on the racks for a week or so. If you want it just get there early or plan on spending more money on eBay.

                              J
                              Kungaloosh!

                              *END OF LINE*

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X