Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINI PHOTO UPDATE 2/12: Rockin' Space billboard, Railroad refurb, art & collectibles

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI PHOTO UPDATE 2/12: Rockin' Space billboard, Railroad refurb, art & collectibles

I spent the 12th at the Art Institute of California - Orange County filling out financial aid paperwork and getting a tour of the campus. If I get accepted (which more than likely I will), I will start class April 2, so Orange County here I come!

Personally, I can't wait to be able to take my laptop down to Disneyland and do some homework in Tomorrowland or in the Golden Horseshoe. Now all I gotta do is find a place to live!

Anyway, after spending the day at the school, my parents dropped my off at Disneyland as peoplemover1 was coming in from Bakersfield to meet up with me. I guess you can say we're a little addicted to the Happiest Place on Earth.

It was already dark, so I didn't take too many pictures. Mostly because my (new) camera has a half-cracked LCD screen that I have to work with, and the camera takes incredibly sucky night shots. I'm in the market for another new camera... If anybody has any recommendations (or donations ) for a new camera in the $250-350 price range, let me know.

Anyway, let's get to it.

ROCKIN' WHO?
    As Darkbeer noted in his recent thread, the Rockin' ads off-property have been changed to represent a Chili Pepper-less advertising campaign. Although the ads don't really present a "rockin'" feel, I like this look much better than the previous one - there's no ridiculous old english/gothic style font!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!

Stopped off at DCA first and noticed Greetings from California moved the Pirates display back to the front of the main showroom. And the Mickey face in the background which was previously covered by a big Pirates sail is now visible again.

Over at Disneyland, the train station is covered up as the tracks get some TLC

NEW ART AND COLLECTIBLES
    Disneyana is now selling the first wave of the Walt Disney Legacy collection, showcasing Walt's True-Life Adventures series.

There's a new Haunted Mansion painting available (sorry for the bad shot):

And here's another look at the new Frontierland big figure that cstephens recently showed us.

...Alright, that's all for now. Until next time...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: MINI PHOTO UPDATE 2/12: Rockin' Space billboard, Railroad refurb, art & collectib

Great pictures, as always - I'm excited for your (possible) move, but I'm sorry to hear about your camera!

Comment

Re: MINI PHOTO UPDATE 2/12: Rockin' Space billboard, Railroad refurb, art & collectib

Awesome "mini update" MG!!!

I love the shots of the new Big Fig!!!!
      I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Is the True Life Adventureland DVD's the only ones of the series that are on sale?

Comment

Great pictures.
          HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
          "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
            Is the True Life Adventureland DVD's the only ones of the series that are on sale?
            They are the first wave with many more to follow. If you have not done so go and get some of the Disney Treasures DVD while you can find them. They are great any of the ones you can find get.

J
            Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
              Great pictures, as always - I'm excited for your (possible) move, but I'm sorry to hear about your camera!
              Thanks! I'm very excited (and nervous) as well!

The 4-part True-Life Adventures series is the first wave of DVDs on this new Walt Disney Legacy DVD collection. So, as of right now, yes only the True-Live Adventures features are available. It's sort of like the Walt Disney Treasures collection, but I believe its sans Leonard Maltin, or any sort of celebrity introduction for that matter.

Comment

If i do buy the True Life Adventureland series? What will i expect while watching them?

Comment

I have this camera...
                  http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Casio...oductDetail.do
                  It is awesome. You can look at some of my TR's to see the quality of the photos. I got it on sale for $215 but i believe it is up to $250 now (not bad). It is a 7.2 megapixel and is extremely convienient. Some digital cameras have a start up video and takes a while for the camera to start up, but mine, mine takes about a half of a second to start up and take a picture from the point you turn it on. It is very slim and fits easily in tight jeans so if you are a emo guy that likes to wear girls pants, it will still fit in your pocket! It works wonders with night shots too. I love this camera and wouldn't trade it for any other Point and Shoot. The rest of the specs are listed on the site but if you have any other questions on preformance and what not, just PM me.

This is the camera that Fishbulb has...
                  It is basically the same thing but in a different color. The only difference is that it is barely slimmer than mine. You can also look at his TR's to look at the quality of the pictures (they are basically the same)

Great TR BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
                    I have this camera...
                    It is awesome. You can look at some of my TR's to see the quality of the photos. I got it on sale for $215 but i believe it is up to $250 now (not bad). It is a 7.2 megapixel and is extremely convienient. Some digital cameras have a start up video and takes a while for the camera to start up, but mine, mine takes about a half of a second to start up and take a picture from the point you turn it on. It is very slim and fits easily in tight jeans so if you are a emo guy that likes to wear girls pants, it will still fit in your pocket! It works wonders with night shots too. I love this camera and wouldn't trade it for any other Point and Shoot. The rest of the specs are listed on the site but if you have any other questions on preformance and what not, just PM me.

This is the camera that Fishbulb has...
                    It is basically the same thing but in a different color. The only difference is that it is barely slimmer than mine. You can also look at his TR's to look at the quality of the pictures (they are basically the same)

Great TR BTW!
                    Awesome! Thanks for the camera suggestions! I'll check these out after work.

Comment

I have the Casio Exslim also and I think it's a great point and shoot camera. I got mine at Costco, which usually has great prices and a can't miss return policy.

Comment

If i do buy the True Life Adventureland series? What will i expect while watching them?
                        "True-Life" nature films. Early-day Dicovery Channel-type stuff, if I'm not mistaken. But obviously done by Walt and his team.

Perhaps you should look these up on Amazon.com and read the synopsis/product description?

Comment

Target has the casio on sale right now for $189.99:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...4&frombrowse=1

I use the Kodak EasyShare V603 and I LOVE it! It's another great little point & shoot camera:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...S&pq-path=8803

Comment

great pics as always! thanx for sharing! :thumbup:
                            A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                            :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great to hear that you will *more than likely* be heading to OC! I'm sure the gas you'll save from all those trips to DLR from Bakersfield will more than pay your way over here! )

One friendly word of advice:

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                              Personally, I can't wait to be able to take my laptop down to Disneyland and do some homework in Tomorrowland or in the Golden Horseshoe.
                              Be careful! I don't know about you, but for me, I can't concentrate when I'm in or anywhere close to Disneyland. This one time, I studied for a history final underneath the castle. And I think I got a D on the final - not good! (I still got an A in the class though, I'm such a dedicated student ) It's funny to talk about it now, but I'll tell ya, it sure wasn't fun taking that test.

If it works for you, go for it. That's awesome. But for me, myself...I prefer keeping all my study materials safe at home. Disneyland is an escape after all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X