Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

In the midst of doing a makeover on my backyard and looking at some kind of cover/overlay to go over my outdoor spa. Since going through a particularly nasty bout of skin cancer, I get to pretty much play vampire now and need a gazabo type of thing to completely keep the sun away when I get in.

So, looking at the Banjo player/Tia Dalma Shack just before you go into the drop for PotC, it dawned on me what a great thing to build around the spa. AND of course, Darkbeer and his magic camera came to mind.:yea:

So, DB, do you or anyone else have clear, detailed shots of the shack? Planning on replicating it and my builder says that if he can get a decent pic, he can do it.

So, again,, Help Me DarkBeer...Your My Only Hope!!!!

Thanks!!!!
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Re: Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

This isn't exactly what you requested, but it reminded me of the PofC shack. Thought it might be helpful. (It was taken at the Magic Kingdom from the Liberty Belle.)

Rick

Comment

Re: Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

You might try checking out www.davelandweb.com
      I recall seeing pictures of the banjo player's cabin in the potc photos they have. I don't really support this person's site that much because they take pictures inside dark rides with a flash, and that bothers me. But you being a cancer survivor and all, I thought I'd clue you in.
      ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Everytime I see those bright, washed out flash photographs of Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and other formerly "dark" rides, my stomach just sinks.

Comment

Thanks guys...all that's needed is just need the right side of the cabin now...but the other pics are also great and will really help. Thanks again.

I also cringe when I see someone using a flash.... that's why I did a post, thinking that maybe DB or someone had managed to get a great shot with a much better camera than my little digital (which took a black blob) LOL

As for the skin cancer...it started out looking like a pin-point size blackhead on the very tip of my nose. It wound up becoming a 7 hour process to remove it all (which resulted in a nickel-sized in diameter and 1/2 inch deep hole ...think the "Tin Man" effect). They told me one more "slice" and I would have had an open wound all the way through to the nasal area..unnerving enough to see the cartlidge exposed. Had a 5 hour reconstructive surgery to put things back together again..and other than it being a bit broader and some scarring (which they said could be touched up with lasers)... CANCER IS GONE!!!! Which is the most important part. So, I'm pretty good about "being a vampire"now. Just do NOT want to go through that again... Hats, shade and tons of the proper sunscreens are my best friends. (Ok..just wanting every one to know to make sure and take care of yourselves).

Thanks again for the pics..gives me a great start.

I poop with joy!
          Best Quote...EVER!!!

Comment

Well I'm not drakbeer but would I do. I will check for more photos.
            that is only one I have

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
            Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
            Older photo
            New Photo

Member of
            MiceChat WDW Trip
            Next trip
            2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
              As for the skin cancer...it started out looking like a pin-point size blackhead on the very tip of my nose. It wound up becoming a 7 hour process to remove it all (which resulted in a nickel-sized in diameter and 1/2 inch deep hole ...think the "Tin Man" effect). They told me one more "slice" and I would have had an open wound all the way through to the nasal area..unnerving enough to see the cartlidge exposed. Had a 5 hour reconstructive surgery to put things back together again..and other than it being a bit broader and some scarring (which they said could be touched up with lasers)... CANCER IS GONE!!!! Which is the most important part. So, I'm pretty good about "being a vampire"now. Just do NOT want to go through that again... Hats, shade and tons of the proper sunscreens are my best friends. (Ok..just wanting every one to know to make sure and take care of yourselves).

Thanks again for the pics..gives me a great start.

WOW
              That sounds like it was close to melanoma, which is a real killer.
              Again, Congrats.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Comment

Without flash it's basically impossible. Just as hard as the ghost in leotas room on HM.
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                    Without flash it's basically impossible. Just as hard as the ghost in leotas room on HM.

Isn't it visible from the Blue Bayou? My money is on you and Froggy. The next time you're in the BB with your 1.4 lens, it would be a piece of cake. Especially with a tripod or monopod.

Comment

Based on the expression of the mannequin's face, I'd like to know what he has in that pipe.

Comment

Based on that picture from Matterhorn Boy I would say that the camera has taken a very nice picture, without a flash it looks like. That's an amazing picture. That should help a lot.
                        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

That's a flash picture.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyb View Post
                            WOW
                            That sounds like it was close to melanoma, which is a real killer.
                            Again, Congrats.
                            It was Basal Cell...which is as close as I ever want to be to that again...thanks for the Congrats..!!!

And the rest of you.. OMG those pics are amazing.. You guys are the best!! :bow:
                            I poop with joy!
                            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Comment

let us know if you are able to build it!
                              sigpic
                              C'mon everybody, here we go!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X