X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthdays at Disneyland

Hi everyone...
    New MC and AP member here with a question.

My son and I plan to spend our birthday (this Sunday) at the park. How do we get the birthday buttons? And can anyone recommend a great place for our lunch?

Thanks in advance!
    ~Gina

Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young!

Re: Birthdays at Disneyland

Originally posted by ChubbyBunny View Post
    Hi everyone...
    New MC and AP member here with a question.

My son and I plan to spend our birthday (this Sunday) at the park. How do we get the birthday buttons? And can anyone recommend a great place for our lunch?

Thanks in advance!
    Go to City Hall, they keep the buttons there! (Or at the place that gives you wait times.)

Don't know your son's age, but my kids would opt for Cafe Orleans or Riverbelle. Goofy's is always a good choice.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
      Go to City Hall, they keep the buttons there! (Or at the place that gives you wait times.)

Don't know your son's age, but my kids would opt for Cafe Orleans or Riverbelle. Goofy's is always a good choice.

Guess his age would have helped...he'll be 18.

Thanks for the information. I just read up about Goofy's and it sounds like fun. He's kind of a goof himself, so he'd enjoy it. Thanks again.
      ~Gina

Comment

If he's 18, introduce him to Jasmine at Ariels' Grotto!

Seriously though, the food there is fantastic. But 18 might be tough with the Princesses. It was fine for my Grandfather's 95th this summer.

Comment

Storyteller's at the Grand Californian was great, but since he is 18, eating lots of food is prob better than a smaller meal and I would say Goofy's Kitchen if he doesn't mind heaps of characters.
          As for a button, they will give you one when you eat if you tell them in the reservation, but also at City Hall or the stores on main street.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaimobar View Post
            If he's 18, introduce him to Jasmine at Ariels' Grotto!

Seriously though, the food there is fantastic. But 18 might be tough with the Princesses. It was fine for my Grandfather's 95th this summer.

Actually I was just going to suggest the same thing. I'm sure your son would love all the attention he would get from 5 Princesses at one meal!

If you would like to see what Ariel's Grotto is like, check out my trip report from a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I'd pick Blue Bayou, if you call ahead early enough. Make it a fancy occasion and have a pirate dessert!

Happy happy day! February is the BEST!

Comment

When at City Hall, make sure to ask for a birthday phone call from Goofy after you get your buttons. My girlfriend had no idea what I was doing when I handed her the phone, but she ended up enjoying that little touch. (She's 24 BTW so age isn't an issue. ) Those are the type of things that make the all night drive from Sacramento worth it, so we can visit more often. Thank god for long weekends!

Disneyland on your B'Day is one of the best things on earth IMO, have fun!
                2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyBunny View Post
                  Guess his age would have helped...he'll be 18.

Thanks for the information. I just read up about Goofy's and it sounds like fun. He's kind of a goof himself, so he'd enjoy it. Thanks again.

Kind of a goof...boy are you putting THAT mildly Gina
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                    Kind of a goof...boy are you putting THAT mildly Gina
                    Shhhhhhhh Elly! The people here don't know us yet! LOL!!
                    ~Gina

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Menefee View Post
                      When at City Hall, make sure to ask for a birthday phone call from Goofy after you get your buttons. My girlfriend had no idea what I was doing when I handed her the phone, but she ended up enjoying that little touch. (She's 24 BTW so age isn't an issue. ) Those are the type of things that make the all night drive from Sacramento worth it, so we can visit more often. Thank god for long weekends!

Disneyland on your B'Day is one of the best things on earth IMO, have fun!
                      Just what Sean Menefee said!

HAVE FUN! My cousin Natalie will be there on Sunday celebrating her 18th!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but will be sure to check back in when it's all done (maybe even provide some pictures).

Thanks again!!
                        ~Gina

Comment

When my daughter turned 16, we did dinner at the Soap Opera Bistro (it's now Disney Playhouse.) Then she had preferred seating for Blast and after got to meet the cast. They we headed to the Train Station for seating for the Fireworks and then hopped on the train for the Dessert Buffet at Fantasmic!. Since then, all of my kids have requested Fantasmic! for their birthdays. My boys also like Goofy's and had pics taken this last trip (they are 21 and 18.) They posed with every princess that came by.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X