• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lilyella21
    I've got the Disney fever
    • Nov 2006

Disneyland Tours?

My husband attempted to surprise me with a tour for my birthday but he said they were sold out and no openings till March.

So how are the tours? Does anybody recommend them? Please let me know your opinion on this. Thanks!

• barfownz
    Legend
    • Nov 2005

Re: Disneyland Tours?

I recommend having a MiceChatter to show you a tour around the park. We all here know EVERYTHING! The only thing we can't do for you is bring you in exclusive areas.

Comment

• pirateslife4me
      He's a Beautiful Pirate..
      • Jun 2006

HIGHLY recommended! Walts Tour is terrific! You walk (and stop) along Main Street and all Lands he was involved with. Get lots of details and you can step into the Lobby of Club 33. When complete, you will have a great lunch in the Disney Gallery (inside patio) and a souvenir pin. I have been twice. We loved it and will probably go again some day.

Comment

• PirateChick
        Queen of Sarcasm
        • Jan 2005

I went on the Walt tour a couple of years ago and I was not impressed at all. I think it has to do with your prior knowledge of the park and Walt in general. If you don't know too much about either subject you probably will have a good time. Maybe it had gotten better, this was before the Club 33 thing was added.

Comment

• pirateslife4me
          He's a Beautiful Pirate..
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
          I went on the Walt tour a couple of years ago and I was not impressed at all. I think it has to do with your prior knowledge of the park and Walt in general. If you don't know too much about either subject you probably will have a good time. Maybe it had gotten better, this was before the Club 33 thing was added.
          Wow! That's too bad. We had the best Tour Guide! His knowledge of Walt was interesting. We are huge Disney fans and we still learned alot.

Comment

• Jerm
            Jerm is Food...Not Friend
            • Jan 2005

The Walk in Walts tour is the best!!! All the guides have to know a lot about everything. If you went before the Club 33 time the tour has changed a lot since then. If you have any intrest in Disneyland and the history of the park from the days of Walt that is the best tour.

As far as any of us giving a tour....I think a lot of our info might be more then a bit off ;-) but fun forsure. Also I can point out all the backstage areas just can't take you to that area.

J
            Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

• Lilyella21
              • Nov 2006

Has anyone taken the VIP tour?

Comment

• PirateChick
                Queen of Sarcasm
                • Jan 2005

Isn't the VIP tour the one where it is just you and your group along with a personalized tour guide? That is quite expensive, if I remember correctly there is also a six hour minimum for it too.

Comment

• wulfblat
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

I have to agree with the others who liked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. My wife and I have taken this tour in both of its incarnations, and enjoyed it both times.

Comment

• Opus1guy
                    • Sep 2005

Isn't the VIP tour the one where it is just you and your group along with a personalized tour guide? That is quite expensive, if I remember correctly there is also a six hour minimum for it too.
                    See this thread from just 2 days ago for some more info on the private tours:

Comment

• PirateChick
                      Queen of Sarcasm
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                      See this thread from just 2 days ago for some more info on the private tours:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54134
                      Yep, that is what I was thinking of but could not remember the specific terms behind it.

Comment

• Malcon10t
                        Minion
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Lilyella21 View Post
                        My husband attempted to surprise me with a tour for my birthday but he said they were sold out and no openings till March.

So how are the tours? Does anybody recommend them? Please let me know your opinion on this. Thanks!
                        All the Tours? Usually the Walt's tour is available as they usually add tours to meet the needs. If he was trying to book a VIP tour, they are really limited on those and you have to tel them what you want in the tour.

Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour is one of my favorites. Done it several times since 2003 (thats about when they added the Club 33 lobby.) While we usually know a lot of the trivia, every guide has something new to add.

I usually try and get a tour each trip. Its a nice feature and way to learn a few new things about our favorite place.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• brassplayer
                          • Feb 2006

I went on the Walt tour a couple of years ago and I was not impressed at all.
                          Much like the Jungle Cruise, the quality of a Disneyland Guided Tour depends greatly on the CM giving it. Guided Tours are run out of the Guest Relations Department and the CMs all take turns giving the tours. While there are official "scripts", each Tour Guide has an unique personality, along with different levels of general Disney/Disneyland knowledge, stage presence, and ability to answer questions, point out interesting things, and vamping. I've taken several different tours over the years and I've experienced Guides who were just okay and others who were great.

So, if you had a mediocre Tour Guide at one point, try again. You might get an outstanding one next time.
                          "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                          -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

• Sambo
                            Down Pluto!
                            • Feb 2005

My kids and I felt the money was well spent on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. Even if there was only a tiny bit of new information for an old zealot like me, the other information and personal stories are quite entertaining. And Dee rocks! Best. Plaid. Ever. :thumbup:

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

• Lilyella21
                              • Nov 2006

How many people go on each tour for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps?

Comment

• Tracy98
                                MiceChatter
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lilyella21 View Post
                                How many people go on each tour for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps?
                                15 is what I read.

Comment

• Wotan
                                  Senior Minion
                                  • Jan 2005

I just want to chime in and say that the Walk In Walt's Footsteps is indeed an ejoyable time, a good value for the money, and something well worth catching, even if you're a grizzled veteran Disneyland-goer.

The lunch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery is quiet, peaceful, and probably as close as I'll ever get to a meal in Club 33.

If you do manage to go on one, make sure you tell us all about it afterwards!

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
                                    Banned User
                                    • Aug 2005

If you've actually been UPSTAIRS at Club 33, the lobby part would be super frustrating. haha!

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                                      DoleWhipDrea
                                      • Apr 2005

Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is awesome! I took it for my birthday in January and I had a wonderful time and learned a lot. It was a ton of fun and probably the best trip to Disneyland I've ever had. Highly recommend it.

Comment

• SorcererMickey
                                        WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
                                        • Nov 2006

I went on the Walk tour during the 50th anniv week. I already knew a lot of the information but it was still an enjoyable tour. Seeing an animatronic flower from '66 (I believe) was amazing. My tourguide, wish I could remember his name, was wonderful and made the tour really fun.

Did the Holiday tour in Dec with Kristin as the guide. She is probably the best guide one could hope for. The Holiday guide actually had a lot of neat info you wouldn't think of. If you are into having fun, and don't mind singing this tour is for you.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X