X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange but honest Pirates of the Caribbean Question

Strange Pirates Question:

I know about the mediculous detail that went into this ride but one thing has always troubled me. It takes me out of the ride everytime I hear it and makes me wince.

"Do not tell him Carlos, don't be cheeken" ---- thats ok.....

then "SCRRREEEAAAMMM"

What the heck is that? Was that intended to be a human woman screaming? She sounds like a cat at the bottom of Carlos' well.

Not only is the sound effect strange and not realistic, but the recording also sounds like everything else was in stereo and this is Mono-something or other.

I hear the same sound effect in the HAUNTED MANSION soundtrack. I think it is the identical sound effect!!! Identical recording!!!

Has anyone else been troubled by this?
    sigpicDisney Road

Re: Strange but honest Pirates of the Caribbean Question

I have heard the scream in which you speak, but it does not trouble me.

Comment

I know what you saying, it bugs me too.
      It's a stiff!!!

Comment

Since the updates to PotC, her scream has been modified, and she doesn't sound frieghtened at all.

I like the old scream. And trust me, many women do scream like that. How would you feel if your husband was being drowned and someone is shooting at you? There's a total lack of security in your life...your reactions are going to be bigger than what's considered "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
          Since the updates to PotC, her scream has been modified, and she doesn't sound frieghtened at all.

I like the old scream. And trust me, many women do scream like that. How would you feel if your husband was being drowned and someone is shooting at you? There's a total lack of security in your life...your reactions are going to be bigger than what's considered "normal".

I have made many women scream and I..... oh nevermind.

It just.... I am not sure, maybe the timing of it seems rushed and I am not sure she has time to take a breath that big to make such a sound.
          sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Originally posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
            I have made many women scream and I..... oh nevermind.

It just.... I am not sure, maybe the timing of it seems rushed and I am not sure she has time to take a breath that big to make such a sound.
            It's all about the individual's lung capacity

Comment

I don't even like the don't be cheekin part. I try my best to ignore it every time.

Comment

I have honestly never heard it, despite being in the attraction many many times. This past trip I heard the "Don't be chee-kin" part for the first time and while amusing to me, it seemed extremely loud compared to the rest of what was happening at that moment.

Comment

Interesting bit of trivia. The voice of Carlos' wife is supplied by the legendary voice artist June Foray. And just a stone's throw away is the Auctioneer, voice supplied by Paul Frees.

That's Boris and Natasha in the same room!
                  "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    I don't even like the don't be cheekin part. I try my best to ignore it every time.
                    That's funny because that's my favorite line in that scene of the ride! ) I usually feel an inner urge to repeat that line with her as she says it because it sounds so incredibly silly to me.

The scream itself doesn't bother me at all.

It's always interesting to read how people's experiences of the very same thing can vary so greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                      That's funny because that's my favorite line in that scene of the ride! ) I usually feel an inner urge to repeat that line with her as she says it because it sounds so incredibly silly to me.
                      I think I must have not liked it even as a child, because up to about a year ago i never noticed. I must have just been tuning it out all along. Then I read on a board how she says that and the person loved it. ...so i listened for it. Boy do i regret that. I can not tune it out now. I try, but I always hear it and once someone did say it really loud behind me in the boat... IDK..the accent just sounds so fake to me and stereotypical..

Comment

I agree that her "Don't be chee-ken" line and scream seem a little bit loud compared to the rest, but hey if my husband was being drowned I'd probably be hysterical and over dramatic too.

The only two things that bother me about POTC is the cannon ball effect of the water splashing doesn't work very well (if at all) and when you bump boats.

Comment

I love that part of the ride.
                          sigpic

Comment

Me too. I say it from time to time....in conversation and I'll say "Come on - don't be CHEEEKIN." Everyone knows it's from that portion of POTC.

The scream? Well, that's probably because Carlos' wife sees that Jack Sparrow and all of Jerry Bruckheimer's clan is taking over the attraction....I'd scream too.

Comment

Well, when the MC user dontbecheekin is in the boat with us - we MUST say it! No good to diss her like that.

I do listen for that part every time now, though!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse