X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old "Infamous" Super Star Limo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXJR34OB60

Enjoy!

I remember riding this and seeing your face on the billboard at the end.

Re: The Old "Infamous" Super Star Limo

I know I'm going to be attacked for saying this, but I like the design for this much better than Monsters Inc. I'm not saying it was a better ride, don't get me wrong. But when I look at tons of details in queue alone (baggage claim conveyor belt with suitcases, tons of posters, soveigner shop, etc) I saw a completed attraction. The sets for the ride were painted flats, but they were certainly not simple. Tons of things to look at, millions of details.
    What I liked most about it was it actually fit the land. Sure, it was a cartoony acid trip version of Hollywood, but it did a decent job of showing the strange mix that makes up Hollywood's sights (Egyptian Theater, Muscle Beach, etc). One of my favorite scenes is the movie studio where you have a Godzilla-esque film being shot, a UFO attack, and a stormy haunted house , makes me think of what the ride could have been.

But overall, it makes me realize how baren and static Monsters Inc and how many dead spaces there are now.

I think the attraction could have worked if it was more along the lines of the original idea, a madcap ride through Hollywood, crashing through sights as you try and escape the paparazzi. No ABC actors, a tad less cartoony, and a better plotline. DCA deffinately needs a fun Hollywood attraction other than just riding a current movie.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Superstar limo was planned out pretty well.

Comment

Any ride that uses likenesses of celebrities is asking for trouble. Drew Carrey out of the spotlight,Banderas and Griffith break up, Joan Rivers dying. Any of these things happening would cause the ride to have to shut down for a while for them to cover up or replace that celebrity.

It just seemed doomed from the beginning. When my 5 year old called it "hokey" I knew it appealed to no demographic.

Chad

Comment

You know I also actually enjoyed superstar limo. Loved seeing the picture at the end and I missed it when it was gone. I have rode Monsters Inc since and its ok but I do favor Superstar limo more.

Comment

Personally I thought this fit better in the area then Monsters Inc does but oh well.

Comment

The dead spots in the ride, when covered with Hollywood junk, look much better than the office building theme of Monster's Inc.

Plus, the constant use of broad stroke and moving sets and your agent talking to you distract you from lack of quality. In Monster's Inc, I find myself staring at the non-moving mouths of the characters.

Add to that that a theme which fit the area better, despite the theme of modern hollywood being rather lame, and you have a ride which is not clearly inferior to it's replacement, despite being infamous.

Monster's Inc. is a stop gap. If they do end up moving the monorail, and re-theming the area to 1930's Hollywood, a much better ride could take the place of Monster's Inc. and I wouldn't miss either Monster's Inc or Super Star Limo.

Comment

The ride seemed okay. I agree that it's better themed for that area of the park than Monster's Inc. is. Truthfully one of the things I liked the most was the Cast Member's uniforms

Comment

Are there any tributes in Monsters inc from Superstar limo?

Comment

In one of the lockers in the restroom there's an ornament-thing of the fab 5 in a Superstar Limo.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                      In one of the lockers in the restroom there's an ornament-thing of the fab 5 in a Superstar Limo.
                      Did they use to sell that toy car?

Comment

I thought it sounded like a good ride, but then again, I never went on it.
                        The daydream princess

Comment

To quote someone else from a recent post on Super Star Limo:

"It was the crappiest crapfest of crap."

Or as I like to say, "You had to see it, to disbelieve it!"

I don't care what anyone says...it was that bad. Not only bad by Disney standards...it would be bad by "Uncle Willie's Kiddieland Gatorfarm and Pancake House" standards.

Comment

I never did ride on this thing. I can't stand the Joan Rivers part! Ack! And, overall, what a stupid idea for a Disney ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post

I don't care what anyone says...it was that bad. Not only bad by Disney standards...it would be bad by "Uncle Willie's Kiddieland Gatorfarm and Pancake House" standards.

:lol: :lol:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X