Matt's Non-Piggybacked 2/18 TR (No Pictures)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Hamand
    Collapse the waveform
    • Jan 2006

Matt's Non-Piggybacked 2/18 TR (No Pictures)

My wife and son went to Fresno this weekend to visit my SIL who goes to CSU there. So I've been on my own since yesterday morning. I figured what would be better to do with my Sunday than spend a few hours at DL?

I left the house at about 8:20. Traffic was light and I got to the park around 9:40. At least I got to the turn from Ball Rd to the park by 9:40. It was half hour or more before I got to a parking space.

I went through Downtown Disney to the Monorail. I had LEGO store gift cards to burn so I stopped in there on my way. Nothing I was interested in though.

I wanted to ride Star Tours and Matterhorn since I hadn't been on either of those in a while. I walked past ST and the line was huge. I wasn't waiting. I wandered over to Matterhorn and the lines met in the middle on the backside of the mountain. Not waiting for that.

I decided to head over to Gibson Girl and get some ice cream and relax until the meet. This was around 10:40. When I got there they had a sign up that said they weren't open until 11:30. Rats.

So I headed into NOS and towards the Gallery which I hadn't seen in a while. But the chains were up at the bottom of the stairs. Foiled again.

Then I headed back to the Matterhorn and waited half an hour or so. Still a fun ride, but it seemed like I was thrown around the car more without another person in the car.

After the bobsleds I went back to Gibson Girl for ice cream, but there was apparently a freezer malfunction and they had no ice cream. So I headed over to the Tiki Bar for a Dole whip float. I got in line on the Tiki Room side. There was only one CM working the booth. The line on the other side was back to the TR exit. I got my float and headed over to the meet.

The meet lasted half an hour. Dusty had a surprise for us. Lunch was at Taste Pilots. This was my first time there. There was no seating at TP so it was decided that we'd walk halfway across the park to Hollywood and Dine, I guess since most of the planned afternoon activities were over there.

We ate and hung out for a while, then saw Muppetvision and went on ToT.

After that's when I left for home. Traffic was light and I made good time.

It was a fun day and I'm sure that the people who are still there are having a great time.

(People in attendance: Dustysage, Fishbulb, Sadako, aeringpegadrak, Villains Fan, Judimouse, Grumpy4, JustJohn, SimplySabrina, PezzLightyear and the Pezzlings, Almondot, AbominableSnowman1, hollywood1939, and others. I don't remember / didn't catch the names.)
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand
  • Grumpy4
    Again! Again! Again!
    • Jan 2005

Re: Matt's Non-Piggybacked 2/18 TR (No Pictures)

Good to see you today! Glad you were able to get away!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Originally posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2005

LOL First of all, GREAT title for your trip report!!:lol:

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
      I decided to head over to Gibson Girl and get some ice cream and relax until the meet. This was around 10:40. When I got there they had a sign up that said they weren't open until 11:30. Rats.
      Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post

I can't believe how many things weren't going the way you wanted them to go!

So I headed into NOS and towards the Gallery which I hadn't seen in a while. But the chains were up at the bottom of the stairs. Foiled again.

Then I headed back to the Matterhorn and waited half an hour or so. Still a fun ride, but it seemed like I was thrown around the car more without another person in the car.

Ah ha....so all these years Michelle has been padding that ride for you?

While I always like riding it better with Ken, I also think it's a lot of fun to ride alone. Didn't you use the knee rests to brace yourself for the hard curves?!

The meet lasted half an hour. Dusty had a surprise for us. Lunch was at Taste Pilots. This was my first time there. There was no seating at TP so it was decided that we'd walk halfway across the park to Hollywood and Dine, I guess since most of the planned afternoon activities were over there.

Taste Pilot's food is yummy! I can't belive thee were no tables though and that you had to go over to Hollywood to dine!

After that's when I left for home. Traffic was light and I made good time.

It was a fun day and I'm sure that the people who are still there are having a great time.

To bad you couldn't have stayed longer! Sounds like you had a fun time though!

(People in attendance: Dustysage, Fishbulb, Sadako, aeringpegadrak, Villains Fan, Judimouse, Grumpy4, JustJohn, SimplySabrina, PezzLightyear and the Pezzlings, Almondot, AbominableSnowman1, hollywood1939, and others. I don't remember / didn't catch the names.)

That sounds like a nice size group to be able to visit a lot more than when we were all there for the Anniversary Meet!

Good job on the report Matt!:thumbup:

Comment

• NeverNeverland
        Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Great report Matt!
        Glad you had a good time.
        I hear ya on the CLOSED things!
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic