• Show
Clear All

• 2/18 Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update

LATEST PHOTO UPDATE IS HERE:
    (click on the pictures)

DaddyB says:
    "Have Fun! Don't play in traffic!"
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Re: 2/18 Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update

Woot, thanks for the update daddyb , I love seeing your updates, and this made my day

Comment

So glad you keeping us informed of you latest updates! Thanks!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Great pics as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

wow!! those pics are awsome! I loved the flowers, and the cool Alice tribute thank you much I really enjoyed the beautiful pics!

Comment

Daddy B - Wonderful shots as always. I hope people will take the time to look at the complete album from your trip via the link below your post. That last shot of Grizzly peak is stunning. Much better than my wife's "fugi" could do. Thanks for sharing these amazing shots. :bow:

Comment

I love me some Daddy B photos! Thank you SO much!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                Daddy B - Wonderful shots as always. I hope people will take the time to look at the complete album from your trip via the link below your post. That last shot of Grizzly peak is stunning. Much better than my wife's "fugi" could do. Thanks for sharing these amazing shots. :bow:
                Thanks for the laff!

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Outstanding photos Daddy B. I've got about 1000 pictures that Ive taken of DL with my point and shoot Kodak 4.1MP. However, I'm currently reviewing and shopping around for a DSLR. I can only hope I my pics will look half as good as yours. My fav would absolutely have to be the last pic of the evening. Great job!
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

FANTASTIC PHOTOS!!!! i absolutely love the shot of the sunwheel with the orange gondola at a 90 degree angle. kinda frightening, but still very cool. and your paradise pier photos are amazing as well.

:thumbup: thanks for sharing these with us!!!
                    kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the sillouettes, I had not noticed them (from the photos everyone has been supplying) I am goint to Disneyland March 4-6, and am going to take extra careful notice of them.
                      I LOVED your water level Paradise Pier pictures, fantastic angles.
                      Keep up the good work, all the pics are greatly appreciated, especially, I know from us who live further away (in my case Northern California).

Comment

Thanks for the update. I love the Snow Whites Scary Adventures desktop.

Comment

FYI, daddyb, the Sailing Ship Columbia is not modeled after the HMS Bounty, but is actually a full scale replica of the USS Columbia, the first US Navy ship to sail under that name and one of the first to circumnavigate the globe.

PS: Great photos, as always!

Comment

Originally posted by matman730 View Post
                            FYI, daddyb, the Sailing Ship Columbia is not modeled after the HMS Bounty, but is actually a full scale replica of the USS Columbia, the first US Navy ship to sail under that name and one of the first to circumnavigate the globe.

PS: Great photos, as always!
                            According to Kevin Yee & Jason Schultz' book "101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland", you're wrong. While Disneyland's Columbia is NAMED after the Columbia Rediviva ("Columbus Revived" a privately owned ship, not naval vessel) (Which indeed was the first American ship to sail around the world), Disneyland's Columbia was built using the plans of the H.M.S. Bounty. Walt wanted to build a ship just like the Columbia, but the Columbia's plans couldn't be found, and all they could find were plans for the Bounty. They were the same kind of ship with the same dimensions, so that's what they used. The Bell on Disneyland's Columbia is inscribed with "Columbia Rediviva Plymouth Massachusetts 1787". The U.S.S. Columbia that was built in 1836 that you refer to is NOT the same vessel.

There's supposed to be a carving of a flying fish below the deck of the Disneyland's Columbia that supposedly was carved from the wreckage of the Bounty by Fletcher Christian's grandson and given to Walt.

See facts number 55 and 56 of the aforementioned book. You might refer to this page in wikipedia that explains all the U.S. Ships that have been named "Columbia"... including submarines.

I should research though and see if the figurehead is from the Columbia, since it's not from the Bounty.

According to this, it's not the same figurehead as was on the U.S.S. Columbia, either.
                            Last edited by daddyb; 02-19-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Oh wow, your photos are gorgeous! So vibrant and rich... it's like actually being there!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X