This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates Question........

Does anyone know if all or some of the pirates in the POC attraction have been given character names or not. I do not know if this question has been posed before. But, I think it is a good inquiry.

Outside of the obvious names (Sparrow and Barbossa), the only pirate that I know of that has a name is "Old Bill', the pirate sitting with the 2 cats. Please chime in , if anyone has more info on this.

Re: Pirates Question........

I don't think many are named. Of course Carlos is being dunked in the well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      I don't think many are named. Of course Carlos is being dunked in the well.

That's right, I forgot about him, good job!!

Comment

In the book that Disney put out about the Pirates ride and movies I'm pretty sure they said that the new characters, Old Bill, and Carlos are the only ones named. Even the auctioneer is simply referred to as the Auctioneer. I seem to remember the pirates in the jail cells giving eachother some rather creative nicknames however.
        I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Billie Howe, and Mister Coote are the only original Pirates with names. Of course there's "Carlos", but he's the Town Official being dunked, not a Pirate...

Comment

X Atencio named several of the pirates in Marc Davis' drawings. I don't have my reference handy, but there were names for some of them. I'll try and dig that up.
            VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

Originally posted by Yendorb View Post
              X Atencio named several of the pirates in Marc Davis' drawings. I don't have my reference handy, but there were names for some of them. I'll try and dig that up.
              Probably most of the AA's in POTC had some sort of name for identification purposes, but the only two pirates who's names were included in the soundtrack tapes were Billie Howe and Mister Coote. It is not made clear whether "Bill" the rum-drinking, cat-loving Pirate is the same "Billie Howe" from the final Shooting Gallery Scene.

Comment

I have copies of some of the Marc Davis concept art. The pirate on the barrel (who is now on the barrel in the chase scene) is labeled Mr Coote. The pirate who is being held up on the windlass to shoot is labeled mr how. I think that I somewhere saw that the pirate on the cannon was mr. gibbs. one of the pirates in the jail refer to himself as old bill (also in the concept art). of course the pirate with the rum tells the cats to have a drink with old bill also. the last ref I can find from these drawings is the captain of the ship who is just named Captain.

Just noticed from another thread, that there is new merchandise of the pirate on the cannon, and they are calling him mr. coote.

Also, on the POTC postcards that were released based off of the original Marc Davis art, the old pirate being chased by the fat woman is named Albert
                Last edited by Yendorb; 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM.
                VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

THE RED HEAD!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                  MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Thanks for all of the updates.

Comment

off topic: thats what i like about HM the fans have given almost if not all of the residents names
                      sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by thrax View Post
                        off topic: thats what i like about HM the fans have given almost if not all of the residents names
                        I agree--with the characterful nature of POTC, you would expect the pirates to have been given fan nicknames...interesting

Comment

O.k....lets start naming the ones who need names, including non-pirate peoples. I'll start:

Guy on the porch in the ricking chair: Rocky

Guy inside playing the banjo: Banjo Bob

Talking Skull: Toothy

Skeleton on the ground: Sandy

Skeleton against the rock: Eileen (as in "I Lean")...get it?

feel free to continue the list....
                          sigpic

Comment

Skeleton drinking neverending drink: Bottomless pit

Capt. Skeleton in bed: Sleepy

Comment

[quote=ExJungleSkipper95;1437852]
                              Skeleton on the ground: Sandy

[quote]
                              I like that one!