Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

June 6th-12th. Should I reschedule?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 6th-12th. Should I reschedule?

I have been planning my next trip to DL for about 3 months. The wife and I decided that the above days would work out the best. The reasoning was that our kids would be out of school by then but the real summer rush would still be a few weeks away. Well, after reading Al Lutz's latest column I have begun to have doubts about those days.
    If the subs do open to AP holders (of which I am not one) on the 6th or 7th, will the park be completely packed? I don't mind crowds, to a point, but I really don't want to spend our one week a year in DL in the midst of 70+ thousand people each day.
    On the other hand, there is still a very realistic chance that the Nemo opening will be delayed for a certain amount of time (I have heard anything from a week to the end of July). I would appreciate opinions from people if they feel it is best to just stay pat with the days we chose and risk the crowds, or push the trip back a week or two and possibly risk the same problems. Thanks in advance.

Re: June 6th-12th. Should I reschedule?

You may as well go with the later date. You will get to go on the subs that way, although the line could take up a good 2-3 hours. It doesn't really matter the specific date, but any time between Memorial Day and Labor Day the place will be packed.

Comment

Originally posted by kahvit View Post
      I have been planning my next trip to DL for about 3 months. The wife and I decided that the above days would work out the best. The reasoning was that our kids would be out of school by then but the real summer rush would still be a few weeks away. Well, after reading Al Lutz's latest column I have begun to have doubts about those days.
      If the subs do open to AP holders (of which I am not one) on the 6th or 7th, will the park be completely packed? I don't mind crowds, to a point, but I really don't want to spend our one week a year in DL in the midst of 70+ thousand people each day.
      On the other hand, there is still a very realistic chance that the Nemo opening will be delayed for a certain amount of time (I have heard anything from a week to the end of July). I would appreciate opinions from people if they feel it is best to just stay pat with the days we chose and risk the crowds, or push the trip back a week or two and possibly risk the same problems. Thanks in advance.
      I believe there will be non-stop capacity crowds in the several weeks (months?) surrounding the Submarine Voyage re-opening. You may do well to re-schedule. Do you already have lodging? If not, it might be hard to find close to DL. Good luck either way!!

Comment

Don't resceduale.

Comment

Dont reschedule, any time during summer is crazy! You may have chosen a good week. The low after the Pirates premiere and just before Nemo offically opens. I am guessing you will have some crowds but nothing as like your last two days scheduled. Enjoy it! Just come perpared for some crowds and you'll be fine!

Comment

We have plans to stay at the Resort for the week then as well.

No plans to change them. Crowds will be crowds...Or not.

And we certainly wouldn't change our plans due to a rumor (even if confirmed) about something that might happen 4 months from now.

Don't worry...Be Happy!

Go and enjoy!

Comment

I wouldn't change your plans, unless you can go earlier (as in before Memorial Day) as the entire summer will be crazy, with Nemo opening.
              Just enjoy the experience. Since 1998 I have been going almost exculisvely either NYE or Thanksgiving, it ads quite a bit of excitiement, and tests your Disney knowledge to beat the crowds and the lines! (of course I am also going on 03/04-03/06, one can't always be in line!) We always stay at the DLH and enjoy the entire resort experience.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I appreciate all of your opinions. My wife and I both agree now, after talking it over, that the best course is to go when we planned, crowds be darned.

Comment

When the "new" Tomorrowland opened in 1998, everyone was crowding into the east side of the Park. Meanwhile, the rest of the Park was quite enjoyable.
                  "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                  -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X