This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 50's traveling band in DCA

The last time we were in DCA my girls loved dancing to a 50's band the performed on a trailer behind a Woody. Does anyone know if they are still their and how often they perform?

Re: The 50's traveling band in DCA

I think they're called Wave Riders...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

I love that band..I'm a huge Beach Boys fan so I really enjoy the music they play.
      Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
      http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

i believe they are coming back to play in the summer, but for the time being i doubt youll be seeing them.
        "Excuse me sir, is tomorrowland scary?"

Comment

The Beach Toys
          <links to the Beach Toys Website>

THE BEACH TOYS PHOTO ALBUM
          <includes DCA shots>

Currently their 2007 Schedule doesn't show any DCA shows listed
          but I'm sure hoping that'll change.

GREAT, Fun Band

"DISNEYLAND'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK, Anaheim, Ca.
          We're back at D.C.A.on The Wave Rider (pulled by the Woody) near the fountain."

Last edited by Uzmati; 02-26-2007, 01:58 PM.
          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

I remember waiting outside the gift shop near the entrance of DCA for my group to finish shopping and they drove by playing. They were really good and fun to listen to while I stood there.

Comment

Originally posted by twingirlsmom View Post
              The last time we were in DCA my girls loved dancing to a 50's band the performed on a trailer behind a Woody. Does anyone know if they are still their and how often they perform?
              It's the 60's golden age of pop & the California sound featured at DCA.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

they are the wave riders and come out and play music during the busy seasons at dca.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                  It's the 60's golden age of pop & the California sound featured at DCA.
                  Thank you! The Beach Boys had their first hit song in 1962, and the bulk of their most popular music dates from 1963-67. I've also heard that DCA band cover songs by Jan & Dean, The Surfaris or The Hondells, and those additional songs were all from the 1963-65 timeframe.

Nothing performed by any surf band in DCA is from the "1950's". There were no nationally popular songs by surf bands in the 1950's, so there is no repertoire of recognizeable songs from that decade to pull from anyway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X