This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Mickeys

Does anyone know why some of the Mickeys at DCA are roped off?

Apparently a few of the Mickeys were damaged during shipment to the Disneyland Resort and at first were not put into DCA when the exibit began. Most likely they repaired those Mickeys and put them in with the rest of the Mickeys, only roping them off to try and keep people from climbing them and such, as kids typically do, and keep them from being damaged further. So that's my best guess as to the reason..

Comment

What are the 75 mickeys for?
      How long are they suposed to be there for?
      Are they in WDW as well?
      Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

they were created for mickey's 75th birthday (last years attempt to rake major visitors into the parks) when they leave DCA they will leave for new york where they will be auctioned off and the money will be given to the person who desighned that mickey and then that money will go to his or her favorite charity. :monkey:
        hope that helps.

Comment

They were at WDW in Dec, 03. Setup outside the entrance to the Magic Kingdom and roped off.

Comment

Anybody have pics? Like, upclose?
            "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
            --"Being Alive"
            Company Stephen
            Sondheim

Comment

Tron Mickey Rules.

Comment

ESPN Mickey in DTD just got broken by a guest who broke off the microphone in Mickey's hand.

Comment

I like Dave Koz Mickey and Ming Na's Mickey.

Comment

Ellen's Mickey is one of my favs! :-)

Comment

75 Mickey pics

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Mickey-75th/index.htm

The link above should take you to another message board that I am a member of. It has pics of ALL the Mickeys when they were at WDW.

http://disney.go.com/inside/mickey75/index.html

And this link is the official one from Disney.com. It also has pics of the Mickeys and info on who created it, and what money from the auction will go to.
                      MY VMK PEOPLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainfully
                        Ellen's Mickey is one of my favs! :-)
                        Ellen's is great, love the Dora fishbowl.
                        I also liked Elton John's. But when I saw it in person, some pigeon crapped all over his flashy sunglasses. It was pretty funny looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ekmdisney
                          http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Mickey-75th/index.htm

The link above should take you to another message board that I am a member of. It has pics of ALL the Mickeys when they were at WDW.
                          My fave of those at WDW:
                          Click.
                          No chance for a wardrobe malfunction there, Mickey's target area for Justin Timberlake looks like it's under lock and key...
                          :devil:

Comment

Elton John's Mickey is my fav.

Comment

Lobster Mickey cracks me up.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

As of this weekend, there were 73 Mickey's out on display, the first weekend, there were 71. Most of the ones damaged in shipping were fixed, but a couple got damaged due to guests hanging on Mickey's arm (the place where he will most likely fall apart).
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I love the Ellenshaw Mickey or the Ollie Johnston Mickey.
                                  "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X