Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposals in the park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proposals in the park?

    Does Disney do anything special if you notify them in advance where and when a marriage proposal will be happening in the park?

  • #2
    Re: Proposals in the park?

    With so many proposals happening every day... Not usually.

    It was crazy valentines day. Poor CM's trying to make magical proposals for everyone. So many people proposed at the park that day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Proposals in the park?

      I think if you contact them and have them help you with it, then yes they will do something special. Otherwise, it's something that is very difficult to keep track of.

      ErikAnders.smugmug.com

      Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


      1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Proposals in the park?

        Last Friday before the fireworks someone was proposing and they were cast members there taking pictures and that allowed them to go beyond the roped off area in front of the castle.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Proposals in the park?

          my parents got engaged on the compass in front of the castle back in 1980 and still stop there to kiss (eew) every visit. They didn't really need or use any CMs to make it special.
          I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.


          By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Proposals in the park?

            Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
            my parents got engaged on the compass in front of the castle back in 1980 and still stop there to kiss (eew) every visit. They didn't really need or use any CMs to make it special.
            Thats very sweet that they stop and kiss every time the go back.
            Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Proposals in the park?

              Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
              Last Friday before the fireworks someone was proposing and they were cast members there taking pictures and that allowed them to go beyond the roped off area in front of the castle.
              Yep, when I worked Castle for pyro marriage proposals like that happened everyday. I remember someone posting a thread not that long ago asking the same question and he said when he called Guest Services they just told him good luck and congratulations and left it at that. They didn't help him at all.




              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Proposals in the park?

                I'm sure if you paid for something - you could get it. Melody
                sigpicMinnietoo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Proposals in the park?

                  I got engaged on Dumbo. The only thing that the CM's did was let us fit our fat butts in the same car so I could propose.
                  Growing older is manditory
                  Growing up is however, optional

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Proposals in the park?

                    I propossed to my wife next to the fountain in the courtyard of angels in New Orleans Square. about 1/2 way up the stairs. No one was around and the park was about to close. Very romantic! It was the scariest thing I've ever done.
                    ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Proposals in the park?

                      I proposed on the skyway going from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. We really miss that skyway ride now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Proposals in the park?

                        Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                        Does Disney do anything special if you notify them in advance where and when a marriage proposal will be happening in the park?
                        If you get engaged/married at Disneyland, and the aforementioned marriage/engagement goes sour, do you think they would give you FastPasses on your next visit? Or maybe a complimentary PhotoPass for you and your next soon-to-be-ex?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Proposals in the park?

                          Originally posted by jawnjarvis View Post
                          I propossed to my wife next to the fountain in the courtyard of angels in New Orleans Square. about 1/2 way up the stairs. No one was around and the park was about to close. Very romantic! It was the scariest thing I've ever done.
                          I did it fairly early in the morning with not too many people around, just at the bottom of the stairs.

                          ErikAnders.smugmug.com

                          Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


                          1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Proposals in the park?

                            one of my friends got engaged last weekend and she said that she got to see mickey coz he heard they got engaged.

                            i think getting engaged at dland is magical enough. =3
                            Disneyland Photos:
                            01.02.2006 (facebook album)
                            02.25.2006 - Totally random trip
                            Spring break 2006 - WALT DISNEY WORLD (also has some random spring break pics in)
                            08.01.2006 -Club 33 trip!
                            My first MC trip report!
                            More to come, of course! =D

                            Deluxe Annual Pass purchased - 12.09.2006

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X