This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Wall-E replacement for HISTA

Jim Hill posted a cool article about the plot of Wall-E, the new Pixar film about a future Earth, ruined by Trash, and the last small robot whose job it is to clean it all up. I was thinking that, depending on the plot and resolution of that film, a supplemental 3-D/4-D story could be created and used as a replacement for HISTA. I know the "too much Pixar" folk may hate this, but I was wondering what people think of this?

Re: How about a Wall-E replacement for HISTA

Awesome! There's no such thing as too much Disney (or too much Pixar as some like to say).

Comment

why not?

and personally (as much as i dont' care for Michael Jackson) i'd love to see a limited engagement run of Captain Eo for a few months
      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
      Originally posted by pratt55
      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Hmm...

This is odd, because I am not generally against the Pixarization of the parks. But I don't think thematically this movie/attraction would fit in with Tomorrowland, and I think this may actually reverse the progression that Tomorrowland is currently experiencing.

Most people miss the most important theme of Tomorrowland. It is not necessarily meant to represent a futuristic world plain and simple -- a future where anything goes simply because it takes place in the future. Tomorrowland's most important purpose is to serve as a conduit to give everyone an optimistic hope for a better tomorrow. Obviously I haven't seen this movie, but the basic plot looks like it would be difficult to translate it into the positive outlook that Tomorrowland so desperately needs. (Of course I would have to see the movie first, and then a better judgement could be made at that time. I could be wrong.)

Once rides are put in that represent this bright outlook on the future, only then will Tomorrowland make complete sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          Hmm...

This is odd, because I am not generally against the Pixarization of the parks. But I don't think thematically this movie/attraction would fit in with Tomorrowland, and I think this may actually reverse the progression that Tomorrowland is currently experiencing.

Most people miss the most important theme of Tomorrowland. It is not necessarily meant to represent a futuristic world plain and simple -- a future where anything goes simply because it takes place in the future. Tomorrowland's most important purpose is to serve as a conduit to give everyone an optimistic hope for a better tomorrow. Obviously I haven't seen this movie, but the basic plot looks like it would be difficult to translate it into the positive outlook that Tomorrowland so desperately needs. (Of course I would have to see the movie first, and then a better judgement could be made at that time. I could be wrong.)

Once rides are put in that represent this bright outlook on the future, only then will Tomorrowland make complete sense.

Good points, and I agree...which is why i said depending on the plot and resolution of the film... thanks for adding an interesting and intelligent theme-related comment to the discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by FLtoCali View Post
            Good points, and I agree...which is why i said depending on the plot and resolution of the film... thanks for adding an interesting and intelligent theme-related comment to the discussion!
            well, even though apparantly not interesting or intelligent..mine have bumped the thread for others to notice it...
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by FLtoCali View Post
              Yes, I did see that. I am glad you are waiting to see what the film is all about first. You don't want to put an attraction in there that deals with -- who knows? -- nuclear anhiliation (sp) or something!

Comment

Somehow, I suspect that the next thing to go into HISTA is going to be based on the new "Meet The Robinsons" movie that comes out this year. I just can't shake the feeling that if it does well, it'll be ported over.

Comment

No more movie based attractions! :judge:

Disney used to be able to create new characters and new storylines for all of their rides, in the short-term movie-based attractions succeed. But we have to press on for long-term, innovative, and non-movie based attractions. Look at POTC, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn, etc. All created originally with no movie characters or created prior to a movie for it existing. Mr. Lasseter, you're doing a great job...but it's time to plan for the future and not for the short-term. Nemo Sub Voyage will succeed because it is reviving a classic, not because it is Nemo. Nemo will help, but the novelty of being in a submarine is far greater than seeing Nemo. "Quality is a great business plan. Period." You said that, and I'm sure you read these boards. It's time you get into action and think about Disneyland and the now branded "Disney Parks" 20 years from now. Space Mountain in 2027 will still probably be kicking, and kicking strong. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster's will probably need a retheme by then, solely because in 2027 many children won't be connected to Buzz Lightyear the way the current generation was. Think of Imagineering like inflation. On the short-term it's great. On the long-term you lose big! You've saved Imagineering halfway so far, you've brought imagine, depth, and budget back to our attractions. Now it's time to finish the job and break theme park attractions from the movies. Example? Western River Expedition and the exploration of modern Audio-Animatronics on a lush scale, movie set style...the way Walt himself developed attractions for POTC and HM. Nobody wants Woody's Roundup. Toy Story is old now, it's undeniably an incredible classic, and Toy Story 3 is sure to be successful, however Western River Expedition is timeless, creative, and imaginative. It takes someone from the outer world into the Wild Wild West with a tongue-in-cheek twist. Woody's Roundup takes you into yet another movie, and as great as the attraction may be if ever built...in time Western River Expedition would prove to be the better investment and the greater success.
                  -Captain Jack

Comment

I hope the irony of someone named Captain Jack arguing against movie based attractions is not lost on us. )

That said, I would be happy for anything to replace HISTA. It's old and tired and very 1990's. I think the Robinsons concept would fit better in that theater, especially with all of the kitschy architecture in that corner of Tomorrowland. But honestly, anything new would be welcome.

Comment

Depending on both films (Robinsons & Wall E), it could work.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                      -Jurassic Park

Comment

TP2000 said 'I hope the irony of someone named Captain Jack arguing against movie based attractions is not lost on us. )'
                        Although ironic, my username is simply a username. I was a fan of the ride since age 5 when I experienced it for the first at the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World, and enjoyed the movie separately on its own. They are two separate entities, and should have remained as such. Do I think the pluses to Pirates were good? Yes. However, Pirates of the Caribbean is no longer a timeless attraction, and the attraction would have benefited more from the integration of swashbuckling "unknown" AA's and upgrades to already existent effects. Captain Jack is a timeless movie character, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a timeless movie, and Pirates of the Caribbean the Ride was a timeless attraction. They are quite different things.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X