This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoplemover

Why doesnt the Peoplemover come back? If some people like it then does it matter whether it has long lines or not. Can't it just be there because it is. I would just like a reason for that track to be empty. It just makes no since to me. Anyone have a good reason why the Peoplemover doesn't come back??
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Re: Peoplemover

Originally posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    Why doesnt the Peoplemover come back? If some people like it then does it matter whether it has long lines or not. Can't it just be there because it is. I would just like a reason for that track to be empty. It just makes no since to me. Anyone have a good reason why the Peoplemover doesn't come back??
    There are some factors to consider.

The track would have to be replaced completely, a queue has to be designed somewhere since the rocket rods queue is obsolete, and lastly they haven't come up with a surefire idea as to what they would put. Bringing back the old peoplemover isn't a smart move in my opinion. I want something new.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Originally posted by KISSman
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

I loved Tomorrowland back in the day, and I really miss the Peoplemover. IMO, Tomorrowland today is not nearly as magical and Disneyesque as it was at the time of Peoplemover and Carousel of Progress.

Comment

I totally think that bringing the people mover back would be an awesome thing... It would be better than the empty track, and would bring back some fond memories and Disneyland nastalgia....
        <3 Chloe

Comment

Replace the track. That doesn't sound like a big deal. The bigger deal might come in improving the show. Lets talk about that. The People Mover kept a lot of visitors occupied with a large load capacity. I don't think it needs to be any faster, nor for that matter does the ride vehicle really need to be changed. I read on of the threads about the idea of an "Incredibles" theme that would call for the vehicles to be closed...uh..just paint them red!
          sigpic The one and only...The Original...
          :yea:Mountain Man

Comment

The Peoplemover would be a great first step in restoring TL back to it's glory days.

They just need to expand it so that it would link DCA with DL and they could also link the Monorail along with the skybuckets and make people want to go to DCA.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Part of the reason it can't come back in its completely original form is the OSHA (or one of those licensing agencies) requirements were changed and open air ride vehicles would no longer be allowed. Since a guest could potentially touch something outside like an edge or whatever. Al reported on that part of it awhile back. I do wish they would do something to get some motion back up on that track for sure!
              HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
              "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

At least put SOMETHING there. I bet a lot oftourists ask to g on that ride thats on that track nowadays and then find out theres nothing there.

Comment

And to think, today it's been reduced to folks wanting just to get a glimpse of the tracks. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by HDAlien View Post
                    Part of the reason it can't come back in its completely original form is the OSHA (or one of those licensing agencies) requirements were changed and open air ride vehicles would no longer be allowed. Since a guest could potentially touch something outside like an edge or whatever. Al reported on that part of it awhile back. I do wish they would do something to get some motion back up on that track for sure!
                    Yes, that is why the Incredibles-style pod vehicle has been suggested. I don't know if the track would have to be replaced, as far as I could tell from Al's piece it was the vehicles that were the issue. By the way, this would not have to be a consideration if the track hadn't been altered to house the Rocket Rods. The alteration makes grandfathering in the old regs impossible.

I think there will eventually be some sort of PM-like attraction there within 5 years.
                    Yo ho!

Comment

So is the only ride that has been brought from the past are the Subs?

Comment

>>The Peoplemover would be a great first step in restoring TL back to it's glory days.
                        They just need to expand it so that it would link DCA with DL and they could also link the Monorail along with the skybuckets and make people want to go to DCA.<<

I second that emotion! Just say yes to Druggas!

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                          So is the only ride that has been brought from the past are the Subs?
                          Unless they also bring back Lincoln. That's a good observation, though. Disney seems to strongly resist nostalgic resurrections of old attractions. Main Street Electrical Parade over at DCA would be one more instance, but that's not a ride of course. I can't think of any other examples.
                          "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            The Peoplemover would be a great first step in restoring TL back to it's glory days.

They just need to expand it so that it would link DCA with DL and they could also link the Monorail along with the skybuckets and make people want to go to DCA.
                            That would be AWESOME! But I'll take whatever they'll do at this point...it's so funny this question came up right now because when I was there last weekend, both the person I was with Saturday and the person I was with Sunday said something should be done with those tracks and that even the old PM would be great at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronius View Post
                              The track would have to be replaced completely, a queue has to be designed somewhere since the rocket rods queue is obsolete,
                              What's wrong with where the old peoplemover queue was?
                              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X