This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's 3-4-07 TR (a few pictures)

We had planned to go to DL today with some house guests from out of town. Well, the house guests didn't make it but we went anyway.

We left our house around 8ish, got to off the tram about 10 to 10. We strolled through Downtown Disney toward the monorail. I had some LEGO gift cards to burn so I got a little something. We hopped on the Monorail and headed into the park.

Our first stop was Autopia.

Then we moseyed over to The Jungle Cruise. After that we picked up a Dole Whip float and headed to city hall for a birthday button for Adam. His birthday is the 23rd, but we're not planning to go back to the parks before then, so . . .

Then it was time for the noon meet. Today, for the first time, we let Adam out of his stroller to run around the hub. And run he did. Others will have pictures. I didn't take any because I was chasing Adam around the hub, pulling him out of people's pictures, and dodging in between groups of MiceChatters.

I know he groped Deogge's Mom and someone else. He sucked down at least 3 pieces of pocky and snot slimed LuvsLilo's husband. He was a busy boy.

It was decided to head to Pizza Ooo Mow Mow (sp?). They were rumored to have a new menu. No one really knows if they did or not because none of us (at elast the people I talked to) had ever eaten there before. Regardless, new or not, the menu was pretty much a repeat of the Pizza Port menu with "Hawaiian" names instead of space names.
    Some pictures:

Adam scarfs a Girls Scout Cookie. (Big thanks to Judimouse for providing dessert.) Pezz Lightyear can be seen in the background.

DisneyBallerina catches me taking a picture of her and returns the favor. Fishbulb looks intent.

A shot down our table. Adam was at the head but he didn't pay.

After lunch we headed to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot to hunt the elusive Muppet Mobile Lab. We waited around for, I don't know, an hour? it seemed like it. I did a lot more Adam chasing. He abused a few more MiceChatters.

At around 3 the MML featuring Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant Beaker rolled out. It was an impressive show. Basically, DBH&haB do a show similar to Turtle Talk with Crush. Only they are animatronics on a remote controlled Segway. Its pretty fun.

The Best part was when several MiceChatters were picked to participate. The first was JudiMouse who won a date with Beaker. Then DBH&haB celebrated birthdays in the crowd. So I went up with Adam. Deogge's Mom went up as well.

DBH asked Darkbeer about his brewery t-shirt. DBH didn't quite get the joke of DBs shirt. Because he couldn't read what it said on the back.

As things were wrapping up DBH took some questions from the crowd and that's where things got a little ugly. A "reporter" from another Disney website asked a question and managed to work the name of his website into the question about 17 times. Some MiceChatters thought this to be somewhat crass and for a while there it looked like it might turn into the Jets and the Sharks or something.

But its still the Happiest Place on Earth so good thoughts prevailed and the show wrapped up.

After this there was much milling around from the MiceChatters. Looking at the clock Michelle and I decided to head home. We made good time and Adam, having spent a lot of time running around, slept the whole way.

MiceChatters in attendance (not a complete list, my apologies to those I miss):
    Matt Hamand
    quiltmaker
    DustySage
    Fishbulb
    Judimouse
    Pezz Lightyear (sans Pezzlings)
    DisneyBallerina
    JustJohn
    SimplySabrina
    Grumpy4
    Hollywood1939
    Sam
    CPDisneyPrincess (briefly)
    Sadako
    Aerinpegadrak (with parents)
    Darkbeer
    Deogge's Mom
    BellhopPrincess
    MissChristine
    NeverNeverLand
    Don'tBeCheekin
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Re: Matt's 3-4-07 TR (a few pictures)

Aww, sounds like you had a wonderful little trip! Thanks for the pics!! And Adam is a doll! It's the looks that let the little ones get away with just about anything!

Comment

ooo what site was it and what'd they ask? heh. were they just trying to get benson to say the sitename for one of their cameras? or trying to start a rumble heh.

Comment

YOur sone was SO cute/funny. I loved the chance to see you, your wonderful wife and to wish lil'hamand happy b-day. Thanks for the TR
        "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
        Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

great trip it sound like.

to bad their was that one incident, but their is nothing you can do, Disney is free for everyone.

Comment

"Rumble in the Backlot"... that's show business. ha
            sigpic

Comment

I went to DLR with two goals today: to go to my first micechat meet and to see the Muppet Mobile Lab. Well, we had to wait a half hour just to get into the parking structure so I thought we were too late to go to the meet. I know you guys meet at noon, but how long does waiting around and mingling at the Hub last? Since I thought you'd all be gone I spent some time stalking the Muppets. I'm trying to upload pictures. But, I'm sorry I missed you guys! I was so excited at the prospect of meeting you all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                ooo what site was it and what'd they ask? heh. were they just trying to get benson to say the sitename for one of their cameras? or trying to start a rumble heh.
                Someone else has started a thread.

Comment

Thanks for the report! Congratulations, Judi, on winning a date with Beaker!And thank you for the further info on the what exactly went on with this last appearance of Bunsen and Beakerin the Backlot. But regardless of "the reporter from the othersite", I heard the Bunsen and Beaker were able to turn thatfrom a riot, into a "Laughingstock"
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Glad you guys got to make the trip north to Disneyland today!! Great pictures!

Originally posted by brigeet View Post
                    I went to DLR with two goals today: to go to my first micechat meet and to see the Muppet Mobile Lab. Well, we had to wait a half hour just to get into the parking structure so I thought we were too late to go to the meet. I know you guys meet at noon, but how long does waiting around and mingling at the Hub last? Since I thought you'd all be gone I spent some time stalking the Muppets. I'm trying to upload pictures. But, I'm sorry I missed you guys! I was so excited at the prospect of meeting you all!!!
                    Well that just means you will have to go again!! The meet starts around noon and usually lasts around a half hour or so, depending on who exactly is around. Then after the meet and greet comes LUNCH!!

So if you get a chance to go on a Sunday again, be sure to stop by!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by brigeet View Post
                      Usually it lasts about half an hour. Today seemed longer. But I didn't look at the clock or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
                        Usually it lasts about half an hour. Today seemed longer. But I didn't look at the clock or anything.
                        Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I guessed but we weren't at the gates till 12:30 so I figured we'd missed you for today. At least we saw the Muppets!

Comment

Looks like y'all had fun!

Comment

great pics! looks and sounds like everyone had a lot of fun! thanx for sharing! :thumbup:
                            A true Disney galprincess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                            :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great TR and thank you for posting
                              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
                              Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                              Older photo
                              New Photo

Member of
                              MiceChat WDW Trip
                              Next trip
                              2014 Dec, 31