What is the best Disneyland related item you have purchased from ebay!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatle_johnny
    Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist
    • May 2006

What is the best Disneyland related item you have purchased from ebay!

What was the most expesive?
    What was your best deal?
    What was your rarest find?

Please share!
    sigpicDisney Road
  • Neverlandtink
    Me and Tommy Kirk
    • May 2005

Re: What is the best Disneyland related item you have purchased from ebay!

I bought a collection of IASW dolls from the 1964 NYWF. They're really neat, look the most like the real figures than I've ever seen before, and come in costumes from all over the world.

The most expensive one I purchased was the Scandinavian doll, which I think I paid around $40 bucks. (I had to have it because I'm Norwegian!)

Thankfully that's the most I've paid for anything on Ebay...

Comment

• Guy Hutchinson
      Drunk On Disney
      • Aug 2005

I got a really good one - but it's from WDW - I got one of the seats from Alien Encounter. I got it from Mousesurplus through eBay.

It cost me less than $50. It's really cool. I have it sitting in my garage, unfortunatly it's really heavy, so I haven't figured out a way to display it.
      sigpic
      Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

• Steve DeGaetano
        Banned User
        • Feb 2005

From Ebay?

Well, probably the rarest thing I've gotten from Eaby is this conductor hat:

I think I paid about $400 for it, which I considered a deal.

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
          Blind to His Own Faults
          • Dec 2006

Not "Disneyland" related--but "Disney" related. This was back when Disney Auctions was linked to eBay. I have a HERO movie prop from "POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl": Geoffrey Rush's (Barbossa) crocodile tooth earring. It's pretty cool.
          I also have some random odds and ends (candlestick, gold "bars", coins, jewels, necklaces) from the Cursed Treasure Room in Disneyland POTC attraction. Pretty cool as well.
          Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 03-05-2007, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Alchimedes
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

This Tiki room mug I found on Ebay. It has a Disneyland price sticker with an old script and crazy price.

I thought this was kind of a rare item since Disneyland nor Disney World are selling something like this anymore. Possibly Tahitian Terrace?
            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Guy Hutchinson
              Drunk On Disney
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
              This Tiki room mug I found on Ebay. It has a Disneyland price sticker with an old script and crazy price.

I thought this was kind of a rare item since Disneyland nor Disney World are selling something like this anymore. Possibly Tahitian Terrace?
              I love it! Great find!
              sigpic
              Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

• bearride
                Starting a midlife crisis
                • Feb 2005

I have never got anything really cool from e-bay, but I did buy the letter 'S' from the 'Inner Space' sign in 1986
                On E-bay, I did get a 'Big Al' teddy bear!
                sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Alchimedes
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                  I love it! Great find!
                  Thank you.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Susabelle
                    I may be nutz...but...
                    • Dec 2006

Not so unusual, but fairly common to find, pins, pins and more pins! I did get a beautiful litho of Walt Disney with the Fab 5 signed by John Hench and some really lovely Beauty and the Beast collector's plates and music boxes. But it is all about the pins....they have some great ones if you look really hard for them. You can find some really rare ones. Two of the pins I bought are collector's, they are V.I.P pins worn by "important" people when they go the park, celebs, politicians etc. They are quite discreet pins and very simple and lovely.
                    sues

Comment

• Rixter
                      • Aug 2006

Several years ago I bought an original newspaper insert from the now defunct Herald Examiner advertising the grand opening of Disneyland.

Now if I only knew where the heck it is . . .
                      Rick

Comment

• jchadl98
                        jch
                        • Jan 2005

If Disney Auctions counts, I have one of the original Pinnochio Parking Lot Signs hanging in my Garage for my car to park by. Seems like I paid $200 for it, but having it shipped cost me $200 more; but, boy, is it fun to park by!

Comment

• Captain EO
                          Here to change the world
                          • May 2005

I bought the book Disneyland: The Nickel Tour which cost about $175 or so. It's by far the best Disneyland book out there, and worth every penny!!!

Comment

• Lectrorail
                            Omnimover Groover
                            • Feb 2005

Way back when eBay was a pup, I won a Disneyland: Inside Story book for $38
                            People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                              I bought a collection of IASW dolls from the 1964 NYWF. They're really neat, look the most like the real figures than I've ever seen before, and come in costumes from all over the world.

The most expensive one I purchased was the Scandinavian doll, which I think I paid around $40 bucks. (I had to have it because I'm Norwegian!)

Thankfully that's the most I've paid for anything on Ebay...
                              That is a great story. And to think it meant something personal to you! Congrats!
                              sigpicDisney Road

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                                I got a really good one - but it's from WDW - I got one of the seats from Alien Encounter. I got it from Mousesurplus through eBay.

It cost me less than $50. It's really cool. I have it sitting in my garage, unfortunatly it's really heavy, so I haven't figured out a way to display it.
                                AWSOME!!! I had never heard of anyone doing that!
                                sigpicDisney Road

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                                  From Ebay?

Well, probably the rarest thing I've gotten from Eaby is this conductor hat:

I think I paid about $400 for it, which I considered a deal.

Oh My Goodness. i totally understand, the money and the personal value mean nothing when it comes to this.
                                  sigpicDisney Road

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                                    Not "Disneyland" related--but "Disney" related. This was back when Disney Auctions was linked to eBay. I have a HERO movie prop from "POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl": Geoffrey Rush's (Barbossa) crocodile tooth earring. It's pretty cool.
                                    I also have some random odds and ends (candlestick, gold "bars", coins, jewels, necklaces) from the Cursed Treasure Room in Disneyland POTC attraction. Pretty cool as well.
                                    Darn it, I would have so bid on that! The only thing I have is a set piece from The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers. I won it in a contest and is a stalagmite from the rock castle at the end of the film. One day i am going to try to ebay it off but I have no idea where to start pricing it!
                                    sigpicDisney Road

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post

Now That is classic! Is it ceramic or wooden?
                                      sigpicDisney Road

Comment

• Beatle_johnny
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by susislickermouse View Post
                                        Not so unusual, but fairly common to find, pins, pins and more pins! I did get a beautiful litho of Walt Disney with the Fab 5 signed by John Hench and some really lovely Beauty and the Beast collector's plates and music boxes. But it is all about the pins....they have some great ones if you look really hard for them. You can find some really rare ones. Two of the pins I bought are collector's, they are V.I.P pins worn by "important" people when they go the park, celebs, politicians etc. They are quite discreet pins and very simple and lovely.
                                        sues
                                        I have seen the pins of which you speak. Miles and miles of them! I have 1. Thats all I need. It keeps my jacket closed on blustery days.

Actually, I had better not ever start collecting of my home would be all pinny.
                                        sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X