This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning Professor Barnaby Owl

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barnaby Owl the owl that shows you your picture at the end of Splash Mountain? If so, why do they list him on the refurb schedule? Doesn't the fact that SM is down imply that Mr. Owl will be also? Just thought it was funny that he was listed there.

Re: Concerning Professor Barnaby Owl

that listing on the refurb schedule has confused me for weeks! hehe
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

He needed the PR Buzz. Even negative publicity is still publicity, baby!!**winks knowingly and points both index fingers at 'Hatter**

Comment

The name of the photo shop at the end of Splash Mountain is Professor Barnaby Owls Something Photo Studio or something like that, thats what it means
        Funny interpretation though

Comment

Haha, I guess this has puzzled a lot of people...a few weeks ago your question was posed in another thread.

As stated above, the owl has his own photo shop, and what's the point in keeping it open if he has no photos to sell?

Comment

"I don't see the reason for all the hullaballoo over this 'Professor' Barnaby Owl. I should like to see proof of Mr. Barnaby Owl's scholastic achievements. Hmmmph. 'Professor' indeed!! Who is this upstart that he deserves his own showcased 'Studio' and his own thread? I am a Disney Movie Star, and highly-revered literary figure. "Professor' Barnaby Owl? Pfffft."

Comment

Is Barnaby Owl somehow releated to Barnaby Jones?

Comment

This should explain it too you:

Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio closed January 23 - May 18 due to closure of Splash Mountain (store is primarily for sale of Splash Mountain ride photos).
                Still wishing for that AP....:blush:

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Comment

While everybody's focusing on Barnaby Owl, does anybody remember the name of his brother?

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                    While everybody's focusing on Barnaby Owl, does anybody remember the name of his brother?
                    I'm not even sure where Barnaby Owl is from...of course I'm assuming the Song of the South.

Comment

Don't remember ever knowing his brother's name...I believe he was made into a hat, though...

Comment

They used to have 2 owls up there at the end of the ride and the photo place was called "Barnaby&...." or "....&Barnaby" whatever his brother's name was.. back when the photo stand was directly across from the exit where the handicapped line is now.

Comment

They also sold other Splash Mountain merchandise other than photos. So perhaps more of that angle. Like the Space Mountain photo store that sells the shirts as well. Not that many people would go out to buy merchandise for a ride they didn't go on.

Comment

They sold other stuff like the Stroller Shop also sells pens and autograph books. Not enough stuff or sales to bother keeping open. Pooh Corner business has died to the point of the hours of operation have been cut. Whenever Splash Mountain goes down, Critter Country dies. It's simply bad business to keep Barnaby Owl open in the interim.
                            "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Did a little digging, and couldn't come up with anything. According to Disney "Official" Internet Timelines, "Professor Barnaby Owl's Art & Photography Studio" opened January 31, 1992. If you find something, please let me know Now I'm really curious...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X