Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

Originally posted by Digital Jedi View Post
    Walt used to stroll Disneyland dressed as a typical tourist. Lassiter doesn't strike me as being someone who couldn't pull the same thing off. Who'd recognize this guy in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses?

Well, other then Disney Geeks and Mice Chatters, of course.
    In my experience, people (over)dressed like that are usually undercover Security.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
      Perhaps I wasn't clear. There a huge difference between growing grapes and producing wine...and having your own physical winery facility.
      I have a strange history with Sonoma County. I started grad school at SSU while living outside Santa Rosa off Hwy 12, not too far from the old Smothers Brothers tasting room across from Chateau St Jean's winery. I've had interesting dates with viticulturists who worked for various operations like Sterling and Clos du Bois. So this stuff I definitely understand. (Viti dudes are sooooo into their profession! Much like Imagineers! Anyway...)

John has long produced that label and wine...but they actually processed the grapes and produced and bottled the wine at the Smothers Brothers' winery (Remick Ridge label). John just had vineyards...no winery. So he was borrowing (or paying for) "time and facilities" at Smothers and sending his grapes over to work on them there.
      OK, this makes total sense. Got it.

As of July last year, John still did not have an actual physical winery plant, even though his label indicates "winery." He actually just owned and ran the vineyards.
      John should have been more specific. But I guess that would have been boring to the non-wine heads in the group.
      "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Jedi View Post
        Walt used to stroll Disneyland dressed as a typical tourist. Lassiter doesn't strike me as being someone who couldn't pull the same thing off. Who'd recognize this guy in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses?
        That's how John dresses all the time, except during black tie events. What you see him wearing in the park is what he wears while working in Emeryville. He's definitely not like James Bond, who looks as though he was born in the tux.

When I see John in black tie, he always reminds me of those squirmy little six-year-old boys who hate dressing up for church. It's as if he's counting down the minutes until he can get outta the blasted thing and back into one of his aloha shirts. )

Comment

How old is Lasseter by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
            My age.

And we both worked at DL in the late seventies.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
              My age.

And we both worked at DL in the late seventies.

You knew/know him huh?

Comment

You knew/know him huh?
                Theoretically I met him in '78, through friends who worked Adventureland/Frontierland attractions, like JC. (Back in those days, guys worked JC, Twain/Columbia, rafts, and canoes; gals worked Tiki, shooting galleries, Treehouse.) But I don't remember meeting him.

I have met John through charity functions at Pixar. Such a sweet, sincere gentleman. Basically, a great big kid at heart.

Comment

he is 50
                  The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    he is 50
                    Thanks for reminding me! I was trying to forget!

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                      Nope, but I've seen his body-double aka PEZZ_Lightyear many a time.
                      Why did I KNOW this was coming?

Loveya, Wally! )
                      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
                        I saw John Lasseter, Ed Grier and tony baxter going through the exit of Rockin' space mountain in early January. I quickly grabbed my aunt who had a camera and waited for them to come out! After several discouraging minutes and a breakdown I saw their On Ride Photo. John was smiling like a kid in a candy store. I quickly snapped the photo and as got photos of all of them. John was very personal and happy to take the photo he started to talk about the Exciting submarines and how he used to work here and all that.
                        Wow! I would love to talk with Tony Baxter and John Lasseter. I think though if I saw them I would be too afraid or in awe or nervous to say anything just like have my mouth open like do you know who you are. I would love to see the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfnatc View Post
                          Wow! I would love to talk with Tony Baxter and John Lasseter. I think though if I saw them I would be too afraid or in awe or nervous to say anything just like have my mouth open like do you know who you are. I would love to see the pictures.
                          Both Tony and John are very approachable and enjoy talking with the fans. If you ever see them, either separately or together, introduce yourself and let them know how much you appreciate their efforts to return the parks to quality. They love hearing this stuff.

Both are fighting the good fight to return Walt's values to WDI. I get the sense that they feel like the Lone Ranger and Tonto at times, regarding their efforts. More than ever, they need to know they're not alone in wanting this to happen.

So screw up your courage and show your support, if you ever have the good fortune of seeing them. You'll be very glad you did!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
                            Both Tony and John are very approachable and enjoy talking with the fans. If you ever see them, either separately or together, introduce yourself and let them know how much you appreciate their efforts to return the parks to quality. They love hearing this stuff.

Both are fighting the good fight to return Walt's values to WDI. I get the sense that they feel like the Lone Ranger and Tonto at times, regarding their efforts. More than ever, they need to know they're not alone in wanting this to happen.

So screw up your courage and show your support, if you ever have the good fortune of seeing them. You'll be very glad you did!

Thanks

Comment

I met Tony through a mutual friend at Disneyland in '01.

He graciously took us to dinner at Club 33 and afterwards took us on a stroll around FL/NOS.

As we were walking, I noticed people noticing us. It was subtle at first but then the stares turned into stragglers and the stragglers became a throng of hangers on. It was really quite surreal. People's faces took on that "beatific" kind of thing like when adoring worshippers look upon a saint or the Virign Mary. I had the sudden realization that this MUST HAVE been similar to when Walt walked the park. People just stopped and stared in a kind of "I can't believe it's HIM!" look.

Some of the bolder people started asking questions, which Tony was kind enough to answer. I was lucky I had him all to myself, however and it wasn't long before were whisked off to our own private "onboard commentary" on Indy, complete with a look at the hidden control room.

A VERY nice man.

Comment

He looks like such an awesome person.
                                "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Anyone have any pics of John?
                                  Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Anyone have any pics of John?
                                    allyou have to do is go to Post number 12 on this Thread and See a picture of John Lasseter

right now no one have a new photo of John.
                                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
                                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                    Older photo
                                    New Photo

Member of
                                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                                    Next trip
                                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                                      allyou have to do is go to Post number 12 on this Thread and See a picture of John Lasseter

right now no one have a new photo of John.
                                      Oh, my bad. It wasn't coming up last night, but now I see it...
                                      Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Seen him. He rode my boat 7 times on May 4th getting ready for the maiden voyage of the gold boat ( the Congo Queen). Great Guy he was a old skipper himself and gave me some great advice and used one of my jokes on the cruise.
                                        It's time for Din Din.

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

Comment

Working...
                                        X