Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghostbuster626
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

I know Al Lutz briefly mentions in his articles that Lasseter stops by for visists but has anyone here actually seen him at the park?
  • cal4iri
    • Mar 2006

Re: Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

Not I.......
    But if I did I think I'd be more excited to see him than any actor or musician.
    (Unless it's Jessica Alba, Salma Hayek, Leanne Tweeden, etc. etc.)

Comment

• Wally
      Fastest Man Alive
      • Dec 2006

Nope, but I've seen his body-double aka PEZZ_Lightyear many a time.
      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

• Sosai X
        Dept. 41 and Club 55
        • Jun 2005

My friend Greg (his name here is bonofiededge) saw him in the World of Disney store a while ago. He went up to him and said, "You're John Lassetter!". He has a pic of him and Lassetter as his avatar.

Comment

• Opus1guy
          • Sep 2005

I've seen him both here and at Walt Disney World.

A couple of years ago I dined up at Club 33 one night and he was having dinner with Michael Eisner and Tommy Smothers (of the comedy duo The Smothers Brothers).

During an opportune moment I struck up a conversation with John about wine, and he revealed he owns about 50 acres of vineyards up in Glen Ellen, California...but actually made his Lasseter labeled wines at his good friend Tommy's winery that he owns with his brother Dick Smothers. John said someday he hoped to be able to have his own winery up there. I don't think there's anything financially that's stopping him now!

We talked wines for about 10 minutes and then I cut him loose to return to his table.

Comment

• Coheteboy
            Starcruiser.. crash crash
            MiceChat Moderator
            • Sep 2005

I'm sure if John Lasseter hits the park, it's on a weekday because it's "work-related". And less crowded, easier to get to the bottom of things.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• SusieP.
              Ravenclaw

• Jan 2005

Wow, I really don't know if I would even be able to recognize him!
              A signature should go here.

Comment

• DL_CRAZE
                Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
                • Mar 2005

I wish i'd seen him, but i guess you got to be at the right place at the right time.
                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

• »PW
                  Bring Your Own Redemption
                  • Dec 2006

Does anyone have a pic of him? How does he look like?
                  Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Bubbadunne
                    MiceChatter
                    • Mar 2007

Just to clear things up, This is the same Lasseter of pixar fame right?
                    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

• BlueSkyDriveBy
                      time to go
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                      John said someday he hoped to be able to have his own winery up there. I don't think there's anything financially that's stopping him now!
                      It's already happening. The 2003 Alexander Valley Red Wine blend harvest of the Lasseter Family Winery was released last year. I have two bottles, with a concept drawing of Lightning and Mater on the front label.
                      "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

• SkipperStandUp
                        A guy walks into a bar...
                        • Aug 2006

Does anyone have a pic of him? How does he look like?
                        He's the one in the middle.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

Comment

• Digital Jedi
                          Solar Flare Foamer
                          • Mar 2006

Walt used to stroll Disneyland dressed as a typical tourist. Lassiter doesn't strike me as being someone who couldn't pull the same thing off. Who'd recognize this guy in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses?

Well, other then Disney Geeks and Mice Chatters, of course.

Comment

• Opus1guy
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
                            It's already happening. The 2003 Alexander Valley Red Wine blend harvest of the Lasseter Family Winery was released last year. I have two bottles, with a concept drawing of Lightning and Mater on the front label.
                            Perhaps I wasn't clear. There a huge difference between growing grapes and producing wine...and having your own physical winery facility.

John has long produced that label and wine...but they actually processed the grapes and produced and bottled the wine at the Smothers Brothers' winery (Remick Ridge label). John just had vineyards...no winery. So he was borrowing (or paying for) "time and facilities" at Smothers and sending his grapes over to work on them there.

This is not an uncommon way for smaller growers to produce wines BTW.

As of July last year, John still did not have an actual physical winery plant, even though his label indicates "winery." He actually just owned and ran the vineyards.

Or are you saying you've heard he actually built his winery and is now running a complete vine-to-bottle operation on his own?

Comment

• Imagineer1985
                              • Feb 2005

I saw John Lasseter, Ed Grier and tony baxter going through the exit of Rockin' space mountain in early January. I quickly grabbed my aunt who had a camera and waited for them to come out! After several discouraging minutes and a breakdown I saw their On Ride Photo. John was smiling like a kid in a candy store. I quickly snapped the photo and as got photos of all of them. John was very personal and happy to take the photo he started to talk about the Exciting submarines and how he used to work here and all that.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                                Starcruiser.. crash crash
                                MiceChat Moderator
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
                                I saw John Lasseter, Ed Grier and tony baxter going through the exit of Rockin' space mountain in early January. I quickly grabbed my aunt who had a camera and waited for them to come out! After several discouraging minutes and a breakdown I saw their On Ride Photo. John was smiling like a kid in a candy store. I quickly snapped the photo and as got photos of all of them. John was very personal and happy to take the photo he started to talk about the Exciting submarines and how he used to work here and all that.

Well whatdya waitin' for? Share with us the shots you took!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Imagineer1985
                                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                  Well whatdya waitin' for? Share with us the shots you took!
                                  My Aunt Has them! I am going to email her right now!

Comment

• HydroGuy
                                    A Pirate's Life For Me
                                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                                    Just to clear things up, This is the same Lasseter of pixar fame right?
                                    Yes. Just in case you missed this, with Disney's acquisition of Pixar in 2006 Lasseter is now with Disney. Go to miceage.com and read Al Lutz's articles for more info on the Lasseter/Disney connection.

Comment

• Anders
                                      back to basics
                                      • Apr 2005

I saw him in the park a few years ago, though it was a special event. On May 4th, 2005 he was there for the official opening of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, which was the private press day event at the park.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

• BlueSkyDriveBy
                                        time to go
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                                        Or are you saying you've heard he actually built his winery and is now running a complete vine-to-bottle operation on his own?
                                        I was already drinking more than I should have :blush: so perhaps I misunderstood what John meant by "our first year." Let me try to clarify this.

John said that this was the first vintage out of his winery. The previous event featured wines from other vintners, as well as a few special bottles with his family label. But last year's event featured a large number of bottles with the Lasseter label, so clearly volume had dramatically increased in 18 months. And since last year's bottles weren't the first with the Lasseter Family Winery label, I assumed that John's remark was in reference to the actual production of the wine, i.e., that those bottles were the first out of his winery operation, not someone else's.

If that's not what he meant, then he should make been more specific. But I could see that the wine was flowing nicely over at his table as well, so what can you do.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X