Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasyland and Tomorrowland to merge?

At first I brushed this rumor off as just that, a rumor. But I have now heard from more then one lead: All of Disneyland East attractions, might soon be one.

This would mean that Fantasyland/Toonworld Attractions and Tomorrowland would merge.

Anyone else heard this? If I had to guess, it would be because of staffing Nemo. It would be the only way around CM's being Land Locked.

Re: Fantasyland and Tomorrowland to merge?

My question would be, how would this make sense to the guest?
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Well ,the merge doesn't really affect guests... it will help the Managers staff the east because they can freely move CM's across lands. Currently, if you know FL, you can't work in TL. With this change, you could work one day in FL and the next in TL.

it wont change any maps, or anything guests would really see.

Comment

All this would mean is that CMs from Fantasyland would be eligible to cross-train to Tomorrowland attractions. Guests wouldn't notice anything substantially different.

There have been similar rumors running around on the West side, given the difficulty of spreading around hours with Splash, trains, and TSI closed. However, nothing's come of it yet, and those rumors have been running around for at least a year. It would make me really happy if it did happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Toonworld?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Well, by toonworld i think they were refering to "Toontown"...but that is just a guess... cool idea though...as long as the park map dosn't change it should be ok from the management's perspective.
          Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Great More Bosses!

Comment

If we're only talking about a backstage thing here, it would make good operational sense to have a pool of CMs that are trained up on all or many areas. Especially since CMs are currently an endangered species. Ease of redeployment allows CMs to have more flexibility in shifts and potentially gives them more hours.
              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                If we're only talking about a backstage thing here, it would make good operational sense to have a pool of CMs that are trained up on all or many areas. Especially since CMs are currently an endangered species. Ease of redeployment allows CMs to have more flexibility in shifts and potentially gives them more hours.
                This was the way it used to work, before land locking.

And yes, the offical name of the area currently is "Fantasyland/Toonworld." I don't know why they never just called it toontown.

Comment

that would be awsome because then i could work space star tours and matterhorn
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

They did the same thing back in 1993 when I worked there. It was called FanTomToon attractions at the time.

I left right as it was getting under way so I never really saw how it all worked out.

Comment

Well we can all think of at least one attraction that has flopped between Fantasyland and Tommorowland based on source and year

Comment

That would be awesome for the CMs if they did that. I know I got tired of the scenery being stuck in one land for over a year. It was kinda like a prision you couldn't get out of.

Comment

I've never, ever heard "Toonworld" before. Man, Eastsiders are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                            I've never, ever heard "Toonworld" before. Man, Eastsiders are weird.
                            You are jealous because you never had the joys of being an Eastsider :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
                              You are jealous because you never had the joys of being an Eastsider :lol:
                              Nope, not jealous at all. The West Side is far superior.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X