X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leotas child
    Haunted Mansion Fanatic
    • Apr 2006

Re: Long-forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect?

Notice the rose Constance is holding? The imagineers paid great attention to detail when they integrated Constance into the mansion.

The portrait in the stretching shows Constance at a much older age. Do suppose she was married to George for a long time before she killed him? Or is this just a portrait of her sitting on his stone many years later? She obviously didn't keep the other husbands around for very long, because she got thru quite a few of them in a short amount of time...
    Haunted Mansion Caretaker 2006

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Comment

• HBG2
      Inhospitable about happy
      • May 2006

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
      So, looks somewhat definitive to me. Even looks like the old goat.
      Ain't no doubt about it. "MasterGracey" here at MC put together this montage last year:

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog..

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
        Blind to His Own Faults
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
        Ain't no doubt about it. "MasterGracey" here at MC put together this montage last year:

I'm convinced

Comment

• leotas child
          Haunted Mansion Fanatic
          • Apr 2006

I'm suspecting she was married to George for a while before doing him in....
          Unless, of course... another husband shows up in the attic.. say....the hatbox ghost?

curious, very curious....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Comment

• CaitlinMcFly
            now that i see you ♥
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by leotas child View Post
            Unless, of course... another husband shows up in the attic.. say....the hatbox ghost?
            *dramatic duh-duh-DUUUUUHHHHH!!!!*
            dreams. come. true.

Comment

• HBG2
              Inhospitable about happy
              • May 2006

Some of us are pretty sure ol' Hatbox is coming back. Think about it. The whole Constance backstory has created a context for reintroducing the HBG that does not require any prior acquaintance with the character in order for it to make sense. He's a beheaded groom, right? The attic is full of those now.

Comment

• leotas child
                Haunted Mansion Fanatic
                • Apr 2006

If they bring him back, I wonder how they will present him? Will he have a portrait, as well? I wonder how he will look with flesh?

Is the area still fairly clear where he would go? Its been awhile since I've seen the HM. Although, I'm really hoping to be there in June!

Comment

• HBG2
                  Inhospitable about happy
                  • May 2006

Last time I heard anything, the hat-rack (another pretty broad hint, IMO) was standing there, holding his place for him:

And speaking of Hatbox in the flesh, did you guys see this very rare HM collectible that has just come to light? Check out the
                  "Coff-In" comic closely. "Gaylord Ghoul," the emcee, looks suspiciously like you-know-who.

Stephen Worth, Director of the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive, very generously passed on scans of a wonderful vintage Disneyland document...

Comment

• leotas child
                    Haunted Mansion Fanatic
                    • Apr 2006

aren't those the hats from her beloved, I mean..beheaded husbands?
                    I agree with you HBG2, I think that is definatley a nod to the hatbox ghost, if not a hint of things to come!

Comment

• aashee
                      Skeevy Ray Vaughan
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by leotas child View Post
                      aashee,
                      in what way do you see Constance as sexy? I'm not seeing it!
                      Hi there!

While her face is a bit smooshed, she has a very sexy voice.

"I Do!, I Did." Ooo La la!

Chad

Comment

• aashee
                        Skeevy Ray Vaughan
                        • Aug 2006

HBG2,

On top of the pictures you posted showing the link beteen the 2 constances, Next time you go to the park, go in both stretching rooms. In one room she has a ring, in the other room she doesn't.

Fascinating Stuff!

Chad

Comment

• HBG2
                          Inhospitable about happy
                          • May 2006

leota's child, with regard to Constance's sex appeal, last year they had an ELEVEN-PAGE thread hereabouts devoted to her ta-ta's: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...tance+fan+club

Jes' sayin'.

Comment

• CaitlinMcFly
                            now that i see you ♥
                            • Jan 2007

Well when would they refurb the ride to add him in? Would it be after *shudder* the next HMH, and just slip him in without much ado?
                            dreams. come. true.

Comment

• aashee
                              Skeevy Ray Vaughan
                              • Aug 2006

Speaking of the hallway, those doors have the best knockers.:thumbup:

Chad

Comment

• CaitlinMcFly
                                now that i see you ♥
                                • Jan 2007

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I had seen the old bride, and now Constance, but...there's this....and I'm not sure what to make of it...
                                dreams. come. true.

Comment

• HBG2
                                  Inhospitable about happy
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tDMEqEyCKk

I had seen the old bride, and now Constance, but...there's this....and I'm not sure what to make of it...
                                  That's the "middle" bride. The first, original bride looked like this and was there from 1969 until 1995, with only minor alterations:

The second, middle bride lasted from 1995 until May 2006:

The DL version of this model is generally thought to be superior to the WDW version, which is still there and gets lots of razzing as the "smurf" bride, etc.

Comment

• CaitlinMcFly
                                    now that i see you ♥
                                    • Jan 2007

No I know that. But there's the old new bride (haha) with the voice. That's why I posted it, Hatbox
                                    dreams. come. true.

Comment

• HBG2
                                      Inhospitable about happy
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
                                      No I know that. But there's the old new bride (haha) with the voice. That's why I posted it, Hatbox
                                      Oh, I got it. :blush:

Yeah, there was this weird, in-between period last Spring when they were trying out the new soundtrack but had not yet unveiled Constance. That video is kind of a valuable historical record of the oddities of the transition period.

Comment

• GRD999
                                        The Ghost Relations Dept.
                                        • Oct 2005

Howdy All,

Just a few things I remember from reading 3 new pages of posts:

Thanks for the Churro!

As for the attic screams, the ones heard on the doombuggies page are a mix of Attic and Graveyard screams. The one at the end that sounds like a High Pitched scream, then a dry heave is actually a scream of one of the bike riders. The high pitched noise is the bike wheels.

Just throwing that in there.
                                        GRD999 - The Ghost Relations Dept.

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com/
                                        http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/

Comment

• Opus1guy
                                          • Sep 2005

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, and it's not so much a forgotten effect as it is a forgotten reference...but...as you exit your Doombuggy and just as you start up the ramp, if you stop and listen closely, you'll hear a haunting little melody...

If you would like join our jamboree,
                                          There's a single rule that's compulsory,
                                          Mortals pay a token fee,
                                          Rest In Peace...the haunting's free,
                                          So hurry back, we would like your company...

The "mortals pay a token fee" was a reference to the "E Ticket" you needed to purchase back then in order to ride the attraction.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X