This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feb photos - empty DL and night shots

These are phenomanal! Thanks! I love the night and dusk pix - beautiful!
    Spell Binding Books
    http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
    The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
    We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
    Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
    Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
      HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
      "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I love when the park is empty. it's such a magical feeling. thanks for the photos they were great! My favorite was the one of the Mark Twain at the dock.

Comment

Skippy great shots they are great. When you say Exposure do you mean shutter speed? I am really trying to learn to ake shots like that check out my Random shots round 4 thread. Let me know how I am doing piz?

Please visit and like my Photography page on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/JalejandroPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyLoon View Post
            Skippy great shots they are great. When you say Exposure do you mean shutter speed? I am really trying to learn to ake shots like that check out my Random shots round 4 thread. Let me know how I am doing piz?
            Yes, the long exposure is referring to the shutter speed. The night shots were typically 3 or more seconds for the shutter speed. Which means you'll need a tripod of some sort to keep the camera still. I used a little mini-tripod with bendy legs and just put it on a trash can or bench.

The best advice is to take lots of shots. If you take enough, you're bound to have some fairly good ones in there somewhere. As a photographer, I'm strictly an amatuer. I had many other night shots that just didn't come out right. After awhile you start to see what camera settings work best for the circumstances.

Comment

Fantastic photos. I really do need to learn how to really take some proper pics. but I am not sure if I can do things of this ilk with my point and shoot digital camera.

Cost of AP= $239
              Trips to DL= 001
              Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake View Post
                Fantastic photos. I really do need to learn how to really take some proper pics. but I am not sure if I can do things of this ilk with my point and shoot digital camera.
                All of those were taken with a point and shoot camera - two different ones actually. I have a little pocket sized Casio that has several pre-set configurations. I chose the fireworks setting which does a 3 second exposure. Some of the other were with a Kodak that does offer a bit more custom settings - for that I was able to select my own shutter speed but was automatic for the other settings. One of the best things about digital cameras is that you don't waste a bunch of film experimenting with the camera. I have probably 10 to 15 more photos of the Astro Orbiter that just didn't come out right but no one has to see those!

Comment

The pictures were very pretty. Seems like Matt is scared of quite a few things :lol:
                  I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Comment

I hope it's that empty when I go to Disneyland on March 23rd!

It's a Friday though so I don't have much hope...
                    Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

sigpic

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!
                    Btw, I'm really not eight.

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
                    I sure am creative.

Comment

Great pics! Thanks so much sharing! I cant wait for June!
                      Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sasafratz View Post
                        The pictures were very pretty. Seems like Matt is scared of quite a few things :lol:

That might be me... shhhhh!

:ap:

Comment

awesome pics! thanx for sharing! :thumbup:
                          A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                          :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy View Post
                            All of those were taken with a point and shoot camera - two different ones actually. I have a little pocket sized Casio that has several pre-set configurations. I chose the fireworks setting which does a 3 second exposure. Some of the other were with a Kodak that does offer a bit more custom settings - for that I was able to select my own shutter speed but was automatic for the other settings. One of the best things about digital cameras is that you don't waste a bunch of film experimenting with the camera. I have probably 10 to 15 more photos of the Astro Orbiter that just didn't come out right but no one has to see those!
                            Okay, thanks Skippy. I will have to do some experimentation before April 1, I'd love to get just a few shots of the quality you and (many others on MC) achieve. Hope you don't mind, one of your night shots of the castle is now my wallpaper, at least for this week.

Cost of AP= $239
                            Trips to DL= 001
                            Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Comment

Beautiful shots! What date were they taken? Marking down "dead days at the park" in my dayrunner for future referrence.

I think i tried to post this before but dont see my post.

thanks
                              jan
                              Janette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X