This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi from Disneyland to Universal

How much is a taxi from Disneyland area to Universal?

Usually rent a car but just thinking out side the box... ya know...
    ADMIN NOTE:
    Link to information on a FREE shuttle from Disney to Universal from the MiceChat Newsroom: Universal Shuttle

Last edited by Dustysage; 03-08-2007, 08:43 AM.

Re: Taxi from Disneyland to Universal

Wow, I can't even imagine that! You're probably better off getting a rental for the day. Or look into taking the MetroLink train to LA and figuring it out from there, even cheaper!
    A signature should go here.

Comment

oh it's walking distance... trust me... :evil:
      “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

I'm not sure if this would be of help, but you can buy a pass on Universal's website that provides a free round-trip shuttle with the purchase of a ticket.

Just thinking that it might be cheaper than a taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
          oh it's walking distance... trust me... :evil:
          LOL! Oh, you're bad...

Disneyland is way down south in Anaheim, Universal is way up north in ... North Hollywood. I can't imagine the extreme cost of a taxi ($90-150?). You'd be better looking into tourist buses or public transport... although public transport would take a couple of hours at least. You could possibly take an Anaheim to Union station Amtrak train and catch the Metro light rail up to Universal City... that's still a bit of a walk over to the park though.

Tourist shuttles are probably your best bet.
          Last edited by monotonehell; 03-07-2007, 10:18 PM.
          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

I heard there is a free shuttle from Disneyland to USH. I will see if I can find out more info somewhere. A cab would be rediculous!

Comment

When I read the title of this thread I thought this:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
              sigpic

Comment

Slightly OT but how long does it take to drive from D'land to USH? Assuming that we want to be at USH opening which is 10:00 a.m. the day we are going?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheveyman View Post
                  to Universal?
                  Where?

Comment

But the biggest question is why? You'll be having fun at DL, (which could easily take you a couple days) then you'll go to Universal, and be done in about an hour or two, or if your lucky- three. Then wish you hadn't left DL to begin with.

Comment

Depends on what day of the week you're going. So cal freeways are crazy. Somedays they are super packed, some days not.
                      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by dolewhipman View Post
                        But the biggest question is why? You'll be having fun at DL, (which could easily take you a couple days) then you'll go to Universal, and be done in about an hour or two, or if your lucky- three. Then wish you hadn't left DL to begin with.
                        They might be from out of state and wanting to experience different theme parks. Just a thought.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                          Disneyland is way down south in Anaheim, Universal is way up north in ... North Hollywood. I can't imagine the extreme cost of a taxi ($90-150?). Tourist shuttles are probably your best bet.
                          This is so funny. My freind from Louisiana came out to visit. I live in Orange County and we did Disneyland, Hollywood, the whole thing...

And then he wanted me to take him to see San Francisco! I'm all -- you know that's like an 8 hour drive from here... He thought it was right next to LA! LOLOLOL

To get back on topic it would be VERY expensive to take a cab from Anahiem to Universal. I do believe that you can get a charter bus from the DLR or very close to it.

Comment

That's funny. I love San Fransisco. Does anyone know how far it is from DL to Universal?
                            Last edited by dolewhipman; 03-08-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

ADMIN NOTE:
                              Here is the link to information on a FREE shuttle from Disney to Universal from the MiceChat Newsroom: Universal Shuttle

You could also take Metro Line to LA and then take the Red Line (subway) to Universal. But why do that when you can take a free shuttle door to door?
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X