Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grad Night

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grad Night

    Hey guys.

    I need some info on grad night.

    I'm a reporter for my school newspaper and I'm writing an article on the cost, activities, looking for stories maybe...just any info reagarding grad night at all.

    I know that i could find some of the statistics on disney's main page but I would also like to hear some first hand accounts from the micechatters. thank you very much.

    If you do post a story or info, please pm me or state in your post whether or not I can qoute you.

    Thank's Again.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

  • #2
    Re: Grad Night

    It's the worst experience Disneyland fanatic, ever! A precious gem, turned into a giant rave. Think Rockin' Space Mountain, but EVERYWHERE! You're there with a bunch of other high school kids who would much rather be at Tragic Mountain and therefore treat it as such. Personally, as a nerd in HS, I wasn't a fan of being mixed into a giant mob of "cool kids." Think of it as your magical realm being invaded by ESPN and the OC. This makes baby Walt cry. You get there late at night, then they make you walk from the Timon Lot to the front gate where the security checks are an ever bigger pain in the butt. There is a dress code (at least when I went there was) so you can't be comfy.

    Now, there was a speck of gold dust in this dirt filled experience, the Suburban Legends put on a great concert (but we got in trouble for swing dancing... sigh). The live music is usually pretty good. My mom saw KC and the Sunshine Band back in the day.

    And you can quote me.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Grad Night

      When I went to my Grad Night in 2003, I had an absolute blast! It really was an exciting night, I had a lot of fun with my friends, and enjoyed being around my peers who had also just graduated. It was a really happy, exciting feeling being there. There were a lot of people, yes, but it was still enjoyable. And there was also a dress code, but nothing too bad. We were still dressed comfortably.

      However, I went to Grad Night as a chaperone this past fall, and it was one of my most hated trips to Disneyland ever. There was a dramatic change between the Grad Nite '03 I went to and Grad Nite '06. It was much more of a headache-inducing club atmosphere with out of control kids, and the park was VERY overcrowded. They let too too many schools through the gates, and it did not result in a fun night at all.

      I know you were probably looking for a glowing report on Grad Nite, but I just can't give you that, seeing as how things seem to be slipping downhill, and quickly.

      And you can quote me.
      MCDADMCA

      ^clicky clicky^

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Grad Night

        you got in trouble for swing dancing?!?! Geez..

        I've heard lots of bad things about this event too. As a senior in high school i'm looking foreward to gradnight as a chance to spend time with my friends at the happiest place on earth...check that...i'm sorry..."Disneyland, where dreams come true"....but am not looking foreward to the hiphop and grinding that will most likely be happening.


        Unfortunalty though, the rest of the kids at my school feel differently and would rather violate the back row in POTC than have a wholesome good time.

        What i'm really looking for here is the list of activities and some advice to give the kids about proper conduct in the park.
        Siggy siggy sig sig.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Grad Night

          I was there in 03 too. Maybe you had a better night, they do bunch every year.
          “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Grad Night

            Originally posted by demento57 View Post
            I was there in 03 too. Maybe you had a better night, they do bunch every year.
            Maybe. Then again, I wasn't as avid of a Disney Geek then. We went in mid June, I believe. We also partook in the "Blast Off" event where we got to DCA super early (actually, we were the first school there), and checked us through security and fed us dinner, and then when DL opened, we got streamlined through the esplanade right through the turnstyles. It was fabulous.
            MCDADMCA

            ^clicky clicky^

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Grad Night

              Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
              you got in trouble for swing dancing?!?! Geez..

              I've heard lots of bad things about this event too. As a senior in high school i'm looking foreward to gradnight as a chance to spend time with my friends at the happiest place on earth...check that...i'm sorry..."Disneyland, where dreams come true"....but am not looking foreward to the hiphop and grinding that will most likely be happening.


              Unfortunalty though, the rest of the kids at my school feel differently and would rather violate the back row in POTC than have a wholesome good time.

              What i'm really looking for here is the list of activities and some advice to give the kids about proper conduct in the park.
              Don't try and bring contraband into the park.

              Don't smoke, don't drink. Don't have sex, real or simulated.

              Take an afternoon nap before. A lot of kids run out of gas by mid or late morning and end up zonked out on the benches. Wimps :-)

              Watch the eating an drinking its easy to get queasy or sick from all that excitement and activity and junky food.

              Take a rest now and then during the night to avoid getting overtired.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Grad Night

                Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                Don't try and bring contraband into the park.

                Don't smoke, don't drink. Don't have sex, real or simulated.

                Take an afternoon nap before. A lot of kids run out of gas by mid or late morning and end up zonked out on the benches. Wimps :-)

                Watch the eating an drinking its easy to get queasy or sick from all that excitement and activity and junky food.

                Take a rest now and then during the night to avoid getting overtired.
                Thank You! am i allowed to use your advice?
                Siggy siggy sig sig.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Grad Night

                  I went last year and really I had a blast. For me, walking onto Main Street and hearing hip hop was the most surreal/funniest thing. Senior year, I was going to the park almost every Friday so to go and have it be what it was something that fit the night for me.

                  Groups are hard to stay in. We had a group of about 9 which turned into 12 which turned into 3, then 2 then 12 again. I got on a few rides (ie: Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, HM, Matterhorn...) and avoided SM because the line was ridiculous. Fireworks were cool....mmmm. As far as conduct, there is a difference between being excited and having fun and being excited and obnoxious. You have to have a really tolerant attitude with others which can be hard at 3am and also be mindful of what you are doing. The biggest pain of the night is walking TO the buses. Walking to wasn't that bad because everyone had congregated in our school parking lot beforehand and drank Starbucks and Red Bull. We ran to the park. Walking back at 6am...not so fun.

                  Yes, it was overcrowded. Yes, there were all kinds of people and Disneyland turned into a giant rave. I had graduated five hours earlier and nothing was going to spoil my mood. Really, it is what you make of it.

                  If you want me to elaborate on anything I can.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Grad Night

                    Originally posted by bella View Post
                    I went last year and really I had a blast. For me, walking onto Main Street and hearing hip hop was the most surreal/funniest thing. Senior year, I was going to the park almost every Friday so to go and have it be what it was something that fit the night for me.

                    Groups are hard to stay in. We had a group of about 9 which turned into 12 which turned into 3, then 2 then 12 again. I got on a few rides (ie: Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, HM, Matterhorn...) and avoided SM because the line was ridiculous. Fireworks were cool....mmmm. As far as conduct, there is a difference between being excited and having fun and being excited and obnoxious. You have to have a really tolerant attitude with others which can be hard at 3am and also be mindful of what you are doing. The biggest pain of the night is walking TO the buses. Walking to wasn't that bad because everyone had congregated in our school parking lot beforehand and drank Starbucks and Red Bull. We ran to the park. Walking back at 6am...not so fun.

                    Yes, it was overcrowded. Yes, there were all kinds of people and Disneyland turned into a giant rave. I had graduated five hours earlier and nothing was going to spoil my mood. Really, it is what you make of it.

                    If you want me to elaborate on anything I can.
                    Is it true that there were more than one fireworks' display?
                    Siggy siggy sig sig.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Grad Night

                      Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                      Is it true that there were more than one fireworks' display?
                      Yes. If I remember correctly, there were something like 3 or 4: 2am, 3am and 4am. We got there late, so I don't know if there was one at 1am.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Grad Night

                        Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                        Is it true that there were more than one fireworks' display?
                        Yes, they have them pretty much every hour, on the hour.
                        MCDADMCA

                        ^clicky clicky^

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Grad Night

                          I don't remember any fireworks
                          “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Grad Night

                            oh, and you can quote my last post, lol
                            I like Disneyland...it's pretty sweet.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Grad Night

                              I enjoyed mine a lot. That was back when sabertoothed cats roamed the plains, though, so maybe more recent experiences would be more useful to you.
                              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

                              Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

                              [None]
                              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X