This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai Disneyland the next big thing?

Shanghai Disneyland is going to have to wait for Dubai Disneyland. I say this because the Louvre Abu Dhabi and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, which has been designed by Frank Gehry, will open by or soon after 2012. Read on....

Abu Dhabi closes deal with France for a new 'Louvre'

Re: Dubai Disneyland the next big thing?

Wow, never thought that France would whore out it's culture like that.

Comment

As much as I want to say "how could The Lourve dilute its name like that?" I think of what could be done with 1.3bil. It seems like everyone has their price, but that doesn't mean you can buy culture.

Even with the name, you can't buy the reputation that the Lourve has created over the years, that'll have to come with time.
      Infinity and Beyond:
      The technology of today is changing the media of tomorrow.
      http://www.infinityandbeyond.tabert.com/

Comment

Honestly, I don't care what they put in Dubai. It's never going to make me actually want to go there. It looks to be turning into an entertainment whore. No thanks.

Comment

I don't think that the Walt Disney Company have even considered building another Disney park in Dubai. The rumors of the $8 billion Dubai Disneyland are pure speculation, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Personally, I don't want another Disney resort until the exisiting ones are perfected. In fact, didn't they deny that they were building another Disney resort in Asia (or anywhere else for that matter)?
          Last edited by TDR_Fan; 03-08-2007, 11:51 PM.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Disney is definitely building a park in Dubai -- where else is Michael Jackson going to go? LOL

Comment

Although I see nothing in that article even mentioning Disney; I've said it before and I'll say it again: Disney is not going into the Middle East for at least four or five decades. Politically, a Disney park would be nothing more than a giant target even in the more moderate states. It's the same reason Disney doesn't put parks in cold or unstable climates--Orlando's hurricanes exempted of course--it's simply way too big a risk.
              Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
              Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
              Disneyland Paris: 2010
              Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
              Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
              Efteling:2011
              Lotte World: 2012

Comment

Not even Disney could bring me to Dubai.

Comment

A Dubai park could be great for Disney parks as a whole. The money available there could fund development of several new E-tickets that then could be cloned in CA or FL.

If Disney structured the deal better than they did in Tokyo, it could be great.
                  VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

No market.
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Yendorb View Post
                      A Dubai park could be great for Disney parks as a whole. The money available there could fund development of several new E-tickets that then could be cloned in CA or FL.

If Disney structured the deal better than they did in Tokyo, it could be great.
                      No it wouldn't be. Nor would a fifth park be at WDW or a third park in Anaheim.

NO MORE DISNEY PARKS, EVER. There are enough in the world, and Disney can't even handle what it has, not to mention the fact that Disney parks would be commodified (and in a way, they already are in some repsects). Another park? BAD BAD BAD IDEA.

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                        No it wouldn't be. Nor would a fifth park be at WDW or a third park in Anaheim.

NO MORE DISNEY PARKS, EVER. There are enough in the world, and Disney can't even handle what it has, not to mention the fact that Disney parks would be commodified (and in a way, they already are in some repsects). Another park? BAD BAD BAD IDEA.
                        I couldn't agree more. When you saturate the market, the demand goes down and the product loses value.

I think even Hong Kong was stretching the brand too far. We keep reading about Paris and Hong Kong struggling to keep their heads above the water.

Comment

Back in Summer 2004, it was reported online that "as part of the package for a financial bailout of the Disneyland Paris Resort, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal may demand that Michael Eisner allow him to site a Four Seasons hotel on Walt Disney World Resort property”.

Then, this week we learn that the Four Seasons chain is 22% owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, and that he recently bought the Fairmont chain and is in the process of buying out the Four Seasons completely.

It seems that the Gulf States really want to invest their oil profits in high end tourism related ventures.

An American style theme park is inevitable, it's just a matter of who's going to cash that multibillion dollar check. Is Disney ready?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            I couldn't agree more. When you saturate the market, the demand goes down and the product loses value.

I think even Hong Kong was stretching the brand too far. We keep reading about Paris and Hong Kong struggling to keep their heads above the water.
                            Hong Kong was...and my opinion was against it. However, that little park, even without a Frontierland, and it's carbon copy Main Street and Castle, seems to be turning out rather pretty. If only Tokyo Disneyland (not DisneySea) could be erased and HKDL could take it's place. We'll see how things pan out with HKDL as it expands.

Comment

It may be a big tourist area, but I don't think that Disney should put a park there. Talk about spending to much money on something... it's a bad idea and that area doesn't seem like the theme park area. Just because people go there, doesnt mean that you need parks there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X