This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carland/Discoveryland Idea!

Well, it happened...boredom struck me again...thats an unfortunate side effect of college lectures

I started thinking about the rumored "carland" that al has mentioned a few updates ago, and decided to sketch out my ideas for the ride. I apologize in advance for the poor illustrations...hopefully the color will help make it easier on the eyes lol

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Re: Carland/Discoveryland Idea!

Very inventive! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

OK drawing #2 is the exterior of the ride I described above.

Comment

Very well...it has my endorsement...you may begin contruction as soon as Disneyland gives me the power to authorize stuff like that.

Comment

Comment

I didn't read yet. Just saw the pics.

I also thought of a Discoveryland type area for DCA. For me, I imagined it on the south east corner (in Timon lot of course) behind Pacific Wharf and east of Paradise Pier. Then "Carland" south of "Bugsland/BVF", south of TOT, and north of Discoveryland.

But instead of Discoveryland (name used in DLP like you stated), I optioned for an island. An island is not yet represented in DCA as of yet. But I figured out there's a Discovery Island in DAK. So the project name for me is "Discovery Isle". I was thinking it could perhaps be similar to TDS's Mysterious Island or completely enclosed on an island (water moat) and inside a mountain housing attraction entries, shops, restaurants, restroom, etc.

I won't make a list of attractions I'd like, but the story is CA's scientists and inventors have come together on this island to conduct their experiments and research away from public harm. This is also where the DL monorail has a station platform. I still couldn't see how they WDI could make a complete circuit through PP, doesn't seem logical... but then I'd have to go into detail to explain myself huh?

Anyways, I'll go back and read what you have. Right now, I'm just not inthe mood to be reading.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
            -Jurassic Park

Comment

Sorry, I need to join a conference call in a minute...

+ Love the ride. Great job! Nice twist at the end.
              + The land if it's going to be called "Cars" Land needs work on making the attractions fit
              the theme better. If it's western themed, then why not call it "Radiator Springs".

Comment

^i think you may have misread my post, i am proposing the new land to be called "Discoveryland". i think the carland name just isnt creative at all.

Using the name Discoveryland, the attractions could be fit in as follows (i have these brief descriptions located on one of the drawings, not sure if they scanned well enough to be read though):

WRE-"Discover the West"
                Cars ride-"Discovery yourself"
                Aquatopia-"Discover fun on the high seas" (i know, lame tie way to make it work, but i'm sure WDI could think of something)

I'll post my finals ideas for the land a little later on, thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

I like the idea for the ride, but not the land. Something about racecars doesn't seem to click with Discoveryland to me.

Also, why not have each side win? If they are in seperate stations, then the outcome is known only to your carload of people. That way you could also theme the last scene with Mater as a winner's circle with flashbulbs going off.
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

VERY intersting ideas.

2 tracks looping 3 times appears to be a daunting task.

I like the mountain show building facade. Eariler, I imagined a stadium track for McQueen...

I would like to see a separate C/D ticket family dark ride that just strolls/driving tour of Radiator Springs. Meet all the characters and enter through all their businesses. Referring to the scene where they fixed their neon.

The CARS eticket loading I would imagine it being the McQueen HQ building.

The part with the cars dipping past a stream and under a queue bridge sounds similar to Paramount's Itailian Job coaster. But I'm cool with that.

I'm sure "Carsland" is just the project name. "Discoveryland" re-name I'm not thrilled about. I think the new land should reflect the desert range of Route 66 in its 1950s heyday. So having structures like the Sunglass Dinoshack relocated here would be great, plus other 1950s style structures. The Sci-Fi Dinin' from D-MGM would be ideal, or renamed Drivin' Dinin'/ Drive n Dine In.

I would also post what else I'd like to see, but I won't.

Timon lot is quite large. Which is why I think at least 2 lands may fit with enough backstage to house decent size attraction buildings, etc.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                    -Jurassic Park

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X