This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid-May trip-crowds,suggestions?

After posting on the WDW side, I'm peeking my head over here for some advice. I live in Orlando (WDW CM) and my g/f and I are going to DLR May 17-19. I'll pretty much have from noon-close on a Thursday, and all day Friday to play. I want to end the last night in Disneyland and plan on eating 1 night in DTD. As far as how to distribute/maximize my time in the parks, I'm open to any and all suggestions. It's greatly appreciated.

Re: mid-May trip-crowds,suggestions?

Originally posted by bluntman View Post
    After posting on the WDW side, I'm peeking my head over here for some advice. I live in Orlando (WDW CM) and my g/f and I are going to DLR May 17-19. I'll pretty much have from noon-close on a Thursday, and all day Friday to play. I want to end the last night in Disneyland and plan on eating 1 night in DTD. As far as how to distribute/maximize my time in the parks, I'm open to any and all suggestions. It's greatly appreciated.

Well the 19th is the Pirates At Worlds End movie primer. Park opens 6ish and closes by 3? I think. Plan on large crowds. DCA will be open but probably crowded. I am going Mothers day Mon Tues. I am hoping for lite crowds.
    Janette

Comment

The rivers of america (currently not much going on around there anyway due to Pirate's Lair construction) will be very hard to navigate through if there are crowds. That is where they set up the Pirate's premier.
      Since you did not mention Sat, you should be ok. I would expect crowds to be a bit heavier than a normal May fri due to ppl coming in for the premiere the next day.
      Use FP's if it is crowded. Eat meals at off times (pretty much the same as DW) Is this your very first trip to DL?

Comment

Indeed it is my first time. Unfortunately I could only afford to spend only 2 nights in the area and I wanted to go before the big summer crowds. It's also my birthday so I figures altogether it is as good a time as any. I'm really looking forward to it. I studied in Hospitality in school in Orlando and have been a CM for about 2 years. The more I learn about Disney (the man) the more I want visit DL, especially for historic reasons (and the longer PotC).

Comment

I would consider taking the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. I personally haven't been on it, but heard it is great (esp if you are interested in learning more about Walt) If you have AAA, you can get a discount.

Comment

Watch out for the POTC Premire!
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

so is DL do-able in one day? or should i just quickly breeze through DCA and try to give DL a few more hours? DL will be open until midnight on of the nights I'll be there.. If that's as indicative of crowds as when MK is open 'till 12, I think I'm going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment.

Comment

Originally posted by bluntman View Post
                so is DL do-able in one day? or should i just quickly breeze through DCA and try to give DL a few more hours? DL will be open until midnight on of the nights I'll be there.. If that's as indicative of crowds as when MK is open 'till 12, I think I'm going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment.
                No, quite frankly DL is not "doable" in one day. It really takes three or four days to see all of Disneyland in my opinion. Some of us have been visiting for 45 years and still don't feel like we've seen it all.

Having said that - your time is, what it is. Just do the best you can, and have fun as best you can rather than trying to plan each day to the hilt and running from place to place. The usual summer advice applies here - be in line when the park first opens, take a break in the afternoon when heat and lines are worst, and come back for the evening and stay til closing.

In my opinion, you can see all of DCA in about three hours at most.

Just do the best you can, and remember why you are there - to have fun!

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Good advice Barry, thank you very much.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X