This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dizneyslave
    And please, take every opportunity to stand next to me and mock me as you waive your "light saber" in the air.
    Are you serious? :lol: You or your compadre CM's won't get upset?
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

You know that is a daily occurance with the light saber thing. You have people but in my experience though, it is mostly guys, what come up and say stupid thing that border on inappropriate territory. My favorite is when I am at Fantasmic or Parades and the guy comes up and says "My light saber is bigger, want me to poke you with my light saber" I then tell them not particularly and to watch their wording on such things since it is a family park. The parents usually give you and evil looks when an exchange like that takes place but their kids or usually to enthralled looking at my Fantasmic jacket than the actual exchange of words.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick
        You know that is a daily occurance with the light saber thing. You have people but in my experience though, it is mostly guys, what come up and say stupid thing that border on inappropriate territory. My favorite is when I am at Fantasmic or Parades and the guy comes up and says "My light saber is bigger, want me to poke you with my light saber" I then tell them not particularly and to watch their wording on such things since it is a family park. The parents usually give you and evil looks when an exchange like that takes place but their kids or usually to enthralled looking at my Fantasmic jacket than the actual exchange of words.
        Hehhehee ... show 'em who's boss! :lol: :bow:
        Originally posted by drunkmom
        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Some wand pictures for your enjoyment!

The last one has some crazy long exposure action going on with disappearing cast member!

Comment

nice pics, I like the disappearing CM one.

Comment

Large gatherings are always an issue to disperse. Still, sports stadiums and other places manage to do it rather efficiently. I'm suprised the park still has the same problem letting out after a show that it did 10 years ago.

Of course, some (not all!) traffic engineers and their far-too-orderly attitudes just help rise tempers.

Comment

lol - hurray for the disappering cast members...
                boo

Comment

Just a quick note to the member who made the comment about the backstage exit option:

We are in the process of getting the backstage exit paths ready again... the biggest problem is the backstage exits (esp the westside MS one) are actually pyro fallout areas (not that they bypass the stores... sheesh we arnt THAT bad). They have begun setting up these fire-proof tents on the westside MS exit path tho and hope to have it as an option again soon.

It has been decided on very, VERY busy days we probably just wont launch pyro off the Coke Corner to keep the backstage exit as a for sure option, unless the tents satisfy DFD and Anaheim FD.

Of course besides all of that theres the whole ruining the magic aspect of backstage exits... we are trying to minimize that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ESRLoop
                    Of course besides all of that theres the whole ruining the magic aspect of backstage exits... we are trying to minimize that as well.
                    Yeah.... if I was just an average guest and I saw backstage, I would be pretty upset.
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I think this is another reason to keep DCA open late. I would love to be walking the Boardwalk at night, and enjoying all the lights instead of fighting my way past strollers pushed by hungry, tired and frustrated parents.

Comment

Would the average guest even know where the backstage exits were and even try to go down them, even if they were directed?

Could be a very nice and quiet way to exit.
                        It's Just me, Jenn.
                        "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Anyone exiting Fantasmic! via Adventureland (thats a mob in itself) would be herded through the backstage exit.

Comment

Yeah what happens is usually a duty manager makes the call to divert traffic backstage and the word goes across to all the guest control CMs... its really odd, but fun to watch, because the traffic flows are literally reversed, with people now being sent to the walkways/sidewalks to be directed backstage and inbound traffic being sent to the street.

As the backstage areas begin to backup, its reversed again... a huge undertaking but its done its job well in the past.

Comment

I don't think I'd have the patience to deal with crowds of Guests all at once, all contained in one area. CM's pat yourself on the back for me because I don't know how you do it!! :bow:

Comment

My suggestions is traffic control of a new nature: Divide the hub into viewing areas based on your plans after the fireworks show.

*If this will be your final event here tonight please sit on the south end.
                                *If you plan on going to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland please sit on the northeast end
                                *If you plan on going to Adventureland or Frontierland please sit on the northwest end...

The logic is flawed because humans of course are prone to whims, like suddenly dodging through the hub into NOS to Pirates only to find its been shut down. *nods to Eyes of Mara* I just think with careful flow planning Disney could provide suggested routes ahead of time, like a ski run for guests.

A.) Start at DCA watch MSEP and then enter Disneyland watch fireworks from South end of the HUB then exit to trams
                                B.) Watch fireworks from northwest corner of the HUB then move to Fantasmic.
                                C.) Watch the first Fantasmic and your screwed.

Comment

Cm's Rock!
                                  Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Working...
                                  X